Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased some of these for my bike and as of thus far I love them. However, I would like to know if anyone has had any issues with these in the past. I just dont want a lever falling off or anything whilst riding down the freeway.

--Nate

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
yea there is a big recall on them. they lock up and fall off alot.

if you want pm me and i'll do you a favor since i feel sorry for you and buy them at half the price you got them for.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by "lock up and fall off"? There really isnt much to lock up on them. I was refering more to whether or not when I go down if they will break clean off rather than fold like they are supposed to.

--Nate

·
Registered
55 Posts
it's true, where they pivot, they lock up because the metal they use splits and lodges in the joint. a few bikes crashed because of it... huge law suit. u should prob. sell them and buy some pazzo's

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm pretty sure he was just messin' with ya!

Originally posted by motostunter
What do you mean by "lock up and fall off"? There really isnt much to lock up on them. I was refering more to whether or not when I go down if they will break clean off rather than fold like they are supposed to.

--Nate
[8D]

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am also pretty sure he was just messin with me, and trying to get some nice levers for half price as well. I like them, and havent had any issues with them yet. I think I will just let them stay put and if the cause problems, get some new ones.

--Nate

·
Registered
810 Posts
if you dump your bike, the last concern on your freaking mind will be the levers folding. trust me on this one pal

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I havent dumped this one yet, I have dropped it on it's side while working on it, and subsequently bent one of my levers. and if that happens again, with as much as I spent on those damn levers, yes, I will be concerned about them.

--Nate

·
Registered
579 Posts
Dude motostunter, what are you, a newbie? I'm just curious cause you don't know about CRG and their quality and that you can get your lever bent back because CRG makes their levers out of billet. And if you did get the roll a click floding levers, shouldn't your levers have folded when you dropped your bike?[:M74] I dunno, I might be a dumbass.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by Sanjose636
Dude motostunter, what are you, a newbie? I'm just curious cause you don't know about CRG and their quality and that you can get your lever bent back because CRG makes their levers out of billet. And if you did get the roll a click floding levers, shouldn't your levers have folded when you dropped your bike?[:M74] I dunno, I might be a dumbass.
He didn't have the levers on when he dropped it the first time. He bent whatever lever was on there at the time and that's why he bought the folding levers for it. I think. Or maybe I'm the dumbass... :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
calen is right. I just recently put the crg's on BECAUSE I bent my factory levers. And no, I am not a newbie, this is bike #5 and I have been riding for 7 years street, 2 years dirt prior to that.

--Nate

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well then sir a bid you heart felt apology. How do you not know about CRG levers then? CRG folding levers where originally designed for dirtbikes.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I just got a set of CRG levers for free. I have a shorty on the break and a long on the clutch. Kinda looks funny, but it's mine. I love b-days.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didnt know that crg levers were originally made for dirt bikes, all I know is that i have them on my bike, they look good, and I paid ALOT for them and I dont want them to break. I want them to fold as they are supposed to IF I drop my bike with them on.

--nate

·
Registered
579 Posts
Even if you didn't get the folding ones, CRG levers won't break. CRG garauntees it I think. If they do bend you can get them bent back by a machine shop.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by motostunter
I didnt know that crg levers were originally made for dirt bikes, all I know is that i have them on my bike, they look good, and I paid ALOT for them and I dont want them to break. I want them to fold as they are supposed to IF I drop my bike with them on.

--nate
CRG has great quality, and sanjose636 knows what he's talking about re: machine shops...I've had my eye on the folding roll-a-click levers for a while, but I'm looking to upgrade my bike, and find it hard to justify spending more money on upgrades while I'm saving for the new ride. Do you like them so far? You're the first person I've heard from who has them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like them so far. Like I said, I havent had them for too long, but they are comfortable, and if they arent, they are adjustable enough to make them comfortable. Easily installed, and they fit nicely.

--Nate

·
Registered
579 Posts
You know those adjustments for the levers aren't for comfort.... right? There for when your brakes start to fade. Yeah I got the CRG shorties for my 1000rr. Way better. My track bike has just the normal length roll a click CRGs. Very good response with the CRG levers. Pazzo is alright, but I gotta support the bay area.:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont use them for track, so I dont have too much an issue with brake fade. Therefore, I just use the adjustments for comfort.:D

·
Registered
579 Posts
When it starts getting hot, then you'll thank CRG for making the roll a click levers.[:M14]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.