Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gauge cluster is no longer functional, except for the gas light. if i plug in different gauges, can i tell how many miles are on my bike? if not, is there any other possible way?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I suppose as long as the internal electronics weren't damaged and you got a new lcd screen for it, it should show the mileage. Other than that I don't think so.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 05 ZX
I suppose as long as the internal electronics weren't damaged and you got a new lcd screen for it, it should show the mileage. Other than that I don't think so.
haha, i'm not willing to spend any money on it. i was just hoping to hook up a friend's gauges to see the mileage. if that's the case it seems like fraud would be way too easy.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I've see folks selling their guages with 5k miles on them and such. I just pretty much made the assumption that if you wanted you could buy a gauge off a different bike and replace yours to skirt actual mileage.

That said, I am sure upon inspection at a dealer they would notice it, but by then you may not be able to find the orignal owner who pulled the scam.

Is this your stunt bike? Cause if so, wouldnt the gearing throw the mileage off big time anyways kinda like the speedo? I have no knowledge of this sort of thing but thought it might...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.