Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a blinker intergration kit? They sell them on ebay for $20, but it's cheaper just to buy the parts from your local auto parts store. I havent done it but they look pretty easy to install. If I was you, I wouldnt do that because of the fact that people arent looking for you, let alone your now not so obvious turning signal. I would mount some small blinkers to your license plate bolts and go from there. Just my 2 cents...

<div align="left">I'm not shy, I'm just picking out my next victim
member since 7/28/02</div id="left">

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yes they are two seperate bulbs. It looks great when done, I did it and it makes the rear look better. I got mine from uhual.

If you chopped the fender yourself, now you can make it look even better by cutting even more off with the lights removed.

Hell was full...so I came back
Friends don't let friends drive Hondas

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
you can get a integrator from towing companies like uhaul, they are the same thing they use for hooking up trailer lights to cars..

The only bad side is they are hard to see, especially if you keep the stock red lens on..
I switched back to flush mounted rear blinkers cause I didn't think the integrator was as safe. BoyRacer took mine an is using it with a clear lens..

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
hey CdnNinjaZX6R...

do you have flushmounts for REAR blinkers? if so can you post pics, ive been thinking of doing he same since i have a undertail from pyramid plastics. theres a perfect spot for them on the side of the undertail. oh yeah..if i ever post a pic too big just erase it. thanks.

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is the tail light on the 02's two separate lights that light at the same time or just one? I was thinking of removing the rear blinkers and wiring them directly to the left and right brake light. Has anyone ever done that before?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I bought the kit off Ebay. I was going to put in LED's but you need to get another relay system.

Looks [8D]

I'm going to live forever; so far so good

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
If you are just using the LED light cluster (the type that fit into the stock light sockets) you should not need any extra relay circuit..
My tail lights are the LED's, and it worked fine with the integrator. The blink was a little faster then I wanted so I just swapped out the stock relay a bigger one from Canadian Tire.. was like $2 :)

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
i ended up cuttin the rear fender myself too. i put a small
3-lazerLED (from GLOWIRE.com)under each tail light (and there are two seperate) and spliced them in with the stock turn signals as soon as i figure out how to post a pic ill show u. now the idea is to use the integrator kit along with the lazer LED's cuz the lazers arrent that easily seen. i figured if they are used with the integrator kit it'll make up for it. i gotta figure out how to post pics. it doesnt look half bad.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I used the integrator with my Graphic Art undertail LED's, LED tails and clear lens cover. Much more visible than the LED's alone.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
38 Posts
If anyone needs the part number for a intergrator from U-HAUL, its part number 13486 3wire to 2wire converter. takes your running/brake/turn and makes it all into 1. ( or 2 wires, for 1 bulb, thats why its called 3 into 2 ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
The guy I ought my bike from integrated the blinkers. Only problem I have w/ it is when you turn off the blinker, the one that was blinking turns off for a second, then lights back up again. I don't think he used a kit, I assume he just wired it himself. I looked at it & it looks like a clean job. Anyone have any experience w/ that weird issue though?

i guess it needs an integrator.... i'm pretty sure he just wired it himself & spliced the wires together

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.