Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a used Ninja EX250 2005. It ran great for a few days, but the battery eventually died. I bought a new battery after my friend's charger said that it could not be recharged. The new battery, too, has been drained. I suspect that something is draining the battery slowly. However, I am not sure what. I bought a tester, which I will use, but I need to recharge it again first. However, for now, I took a picture of the battery. I am not sure if the cables are connected properly. When it was bought, the 2 red wires and the postive cable were hooked onto the positive (left). And the 1 black wire and the negative cable were hooked into the negative (right). I am assuming that the black wire is the ground. Im not wanting to dig into the motorcycle yet to see, lol. Is the past set-up correct? If it is, what are some possible ideas for what is draining the battery out?

Also, I want to attach a compass, but dont want to install any new wiring for an LED light to read it. Are there any compasses usable at night that dont require electricity to read them? Because I live in a huge metro or 20+ cities, I find that a compass helps in navigating with ease. So, this is a big deal to me.

Thanks for listening/reading.

ps. I did do a search on how to resolve my issue forehand. I did not find any solutions on multiple forums.

Attachments

·
Powerhungry
38,158 Posts
after the battery is charged, reconnect the heavy red to the POS side, as it was before. and also the heavy black to the neg side.

leave the other 2 off.
i bet the battery stays charged.;)

what do those other 2 go to?
its something SOMEONE added, those arent stock wires.

you need to find out what they go to.
i also see, that the black wire, taps into the green...whatever that is..also, not stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after the battery is charged, reconnect the heavy red to the POS side, as it was before. and also the heavy black to the neg side.

leave the other 2 off.
i bet the battery stays charged.;)

what do those other 2 go to?
its something SOMEONE added, those arent stock wires.

you need to find out what they go to.
i also see, that the black wire, taps into the green...whatever that is..also, not stock.
Wow, thank you for the response. I will do that tomorrow when it is light out, and share my findings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an impromptu interview today, so I didnt get to work on my bike. Well, at least I may no longer be unemployed. I can work on the bike tomorrow though :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts