Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to get a new pipe for my bike and after quite a bit of research I decided to go with Area P. I was not happy with the length of the 18" pipe, it was a little too long, and I was also not too excited about how loud the 12" pipe is, "and im sure my neighbors would not like it either" :)

I called Area P and spoke with Kelly about my options. First of all let me say haw awesome they are to work with. This is one company that has won me over for service. They will get all my business in the future.
Anyways, Kelly and I decided to go with a custom 15" long pipe with the quiet core internals. I was unaware that I would customize my pipe to my specs, but sure enough it was possible. :D After clicking through some pics on there website I also saw an end cap that I thought would look awesome on the 250 so I asked If they could put that on the can also. "No Problem" they said. Does it cost any more? "Nope".. Perfect.

Well I have not had time to install the pipe yet, but I snapped some pics with my phone, and I will get some installed pics this weekend.

If you are considering a pipe for your bike, call these guys for sure. Tell they what you want, and see if they can do it. More then likely, they will be able to get you a custom "one of" pipe like I have.

Update: here is a link to the installed pics and a video with sound clip. It takes a little time to load the video, so relax for a second and it will pop up. I took the RPM's to 6000 and then 8000 and then the last rev is about 9000 RPM's to get an idea of how this pipe sounds. enjoy
Click here for the sound clip and pics.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i ordered one just like yours and then two seconds later i called them back and changed it to the quietcore, cuz i have no idea how loud the 15" would be. too bad you couldnt have done this earlier! o well my quietcore is DOPE

·
Registered
315 Posts
That's awesome!! I love that end cap. That was the one reserve I had about the Areap P exhaust. Now I don't have an excuse.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
That looks really good. I like that endcap a lot better. Def post pics when it's installed.

·
Registered
399 Posts
sweet, that's a nice setup, i too was very impressed by how they conduct their business...definately top notch for sure.

·
Registered
97 Posts
beautiful! they let you order your exhaust by number basically...When I get my work issues straightened out, this is first on my list...and I am so happy to not be dreading calling somewhere to get something, customer service so underrated today

·
Registered
16 Posts
We've got a brand new Area P exhaust w/ jet kit just sitting here collecting dust in the box. We're waiting for a new 250 to put it on. :(

And +1 on Area P's customer service. They are top notch.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I have an Area P without the "quiet core" and all I can say is why did you bother? If you didn't want your bike to sound mean, why didn't you just keep the stock exhaust? Over all the resulting HP improvement is negligable and that sound is what the Area P is all about!

·
Registered
233 Posts
For me it's more about looks then sound.

I don't have exhaust yet because I haven't felt the urge to spend 500+ and I don't have enough time to install and rejet it atm, but I will someday soon put an exhaust system (most likely area p) on my 250.

I'm still undecided on which system. I definately would like a more aggressive sound, but I don't want the bike obnoxiously loud either. I was thinking about the quiet core, but I really don't like the 18" can, and since looks is my primary reason for the upgrade, I have decided against it. My only fear is that the 12" can is too loud (I don't want to piss my neighbors off too much getting up at 4am for work). This 15" can however, looks like it may be a winner. Definately waiting to see more pictures of the installed can.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have an Area P without the "quiet core" and all I can say is why did you bother?
It was a looks, sound and HP mix.

If you didn't want your bike to sound mean, why didn't you just keep the stock exhaust?
This pipe is going to sound great. I will get a clip when installed and you sill see it is probably only a couple dbs. quieter then yours. Also to tell you the truth, I have hearing problems and I would really like to save what hearing I have left for my later years in life. I dont mind the sound of the stock pipe one bit, I just wanted a little extra hp and some carbon fiber on this beast.

Over all the resulting HP improvement is negligable and that sound is what the Area P is all about!
Not sure I agree with you on this, but im sure some people just buy pipes to sound cool.
thanks

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yep great Customer service. I was actually gonna call and ask the exact same thing. Glad to see they will do it. I also asked them about sponsership because of so many of us that are racing use them. They said not this year but possibly for 09.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.