Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a local shop that is producing carbon fiber windscreens. In the mixed of our conversation I mentioned that I am member of the zx6 fourm. He said if I would like to try and get a group buy together he would offer us a smoken deal. Here are a few pics of what he has to offer and he has other colors beside blue this is just what I am looking at. Please let me know ASAP because I can't wait to get mine.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Is it just carbon vinyl? It looks like a regular dark smoke double bubble with carbon decals on it.. Maybe I'm nuts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talked to the owner of the shop. The retail on the wind screens is $199 but if we order 10 he will let us have them for $130. This is for any kawi he has a mold for and any color.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No ideal what carbon clone is. But i saw the inside of the shop and he has huge rolls of carbon fiber material. As for the few in the ebay listing. I saw those also, they are the first ones out of the mold and the inside of the windscreen is unfinished. Thats why he is letting them go so cheap.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
does he have a web site with pics of all the colors? also, how high is the bubble (comparable to the puig), my sporttech race shield just took a big rock to it and cracked.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys........Im the manufacturer of that product.

Carbon Clone is my Trademark for the cloth and resin matrix I use for the parts.

The price is high compared to a standard polycarbonate windscreen........considering you can make a poly screen for about 9 dollars each. They are vacuum formed or blow molded (dependent on who makes it) and can be made in 30 minutes.

My screens are hand made and cant leave the mold in less than 24 hours. They are then also clear coated with HOUSE OF KOLORS clear coat or painted black minus the stencil for the underlying composite and then cleared.

So yeah they are spendy but not out of price range for a part of this caliber.

Right now I have several up and I will smoke them out for the 130 no group buys.........but its a limited offer as Im going to be shut down for a bit to build up all the new models Im bringing out in 07 like solo cowls and and other goodies.

For the kawasaki line all I have right now is the 05-06 and what I have in stock is

Blue logo in standard bubble (1)
Green logo in standard and double bubble (1 each)
Smoked silver logo in standard and double bubble (1 each)
Burgandy (matches the titanium with flames) in standard (1)

Sorry if you think the price is high, its alot of work to build molds, make screens and paint them not to mention the cost of exotic materials that I have made for me specificaly.

Email is [email protected] since I cant pm anyone being so new to the forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Originally posted by ak10r
Do they make them without the lettering? I was looking for a red carbon weave like on my Micron pipe.
by the way........I have red........but not like what your can is. Your can is a hybrid of carbon fiber and kevlar.

Dupont has pulled most of the kevlar colors or tightened up the supply. A single yard of that cloth is over 80 dollars.........so you can see it would be very pricey to get my hands on it to make a screen.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Originally posted by hybrid

by the way........I have red........but not like what your can is. Your can is a hybrid of carbon fiber and kevlar.

Dupont has pulled most of the kevlar colors or tightened up the supply. A single yard of that cloth is over 80 dollars.........so you can see it would be very pricey to get my hands on it to make a screen.
Thanks for your reply... you product looks top notch....

·
Registered
75 Posts
do you have any idea when you will have a double bubble with gold lettering available for 03 636's...please let me know...I am very interested...

·
Registered
597 Posts
im quite interested as well.....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.