Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Hot Bodies race fairing (no headlight cutout)and I want to install custom headlights. Anybody have any ideas on the best way to go about it? I've got some ideas but it would be nice to get some input from some one else, especially if someone's already done something like it. Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
this is what i'm planning. I'm going to get the hotbodies stuff, and a Acerbis Blitz universal Head Light and combine the two. The acerbis blitz uses straps to mount the lights to your forks. So what i'm going to do is use the light housing and remove it from the plastic and mount it to the hotbodies. Do a search for the acerbis blitz and you will find thier home page.

http://www.streetfighterdirect.com/acatalog/Lights__Clamps__Mini_Fairings.html

·
Registered
138 Posts

Like this? I have a 95 with race fairings and I am doing the same thing as you(streeting a trackbike?). What lights should I use. Cost is no factor as I want to see Very good at night.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah im in the same ordeal..i need to come up with a way to mount my new piaa lights in my racing body without making it look shitty..that pic is exactly what i wanted to do though

·
Registered
138 Posts
Fiberglass is the way. Im doing mine this weekend. I was thinking of just cutting out a spot for them to shine through like a window and pop-rivet a piece of lexan on the back side. Dunno how bad these holes would trap air so I figured flatter is better. Funny shit, my name is Justin T [?]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Find out where you want the light then cut the hole. Then I would make a bracket to attach the light to the fairing. Put a screw through the bracket into the fairing to hold it in place. Then fiberglass your mold and bracket to the fairing after removing the light, This way you can adjust the light on the bike after you fiberglass. You can remove the screw and spotfill the hole for painting or grind it down.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know this is a 8 month old post, but did anyone else have any ideas on this subject? or more pics and maybe a "how-to" on how they did it? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but I dont want to undertake a huge project if thats what this is gonna turn into. so... anyone?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I put fogs right in the center next to each other(like camaroguy72). I paid 30 for the lights and do a decent job. I am getting projector light soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.