Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how come all the stainless rear brake lines out there are so damn long? i cant stand how much slack is in them and would prefer something a bit shorter to take up the slack.

does anyone know the length of the stainless brake lines that are for the 05/06 zx6r's? and if you can just buy the same exact thing but a few inches shorter??

example....

·
Registered
571 Posts
This is most likely because adjustable rear sets might require a longer rear brake line to accomodate all of the available positions they offer. Don't forget that your rear suspension moves a lot and the rear brake line needs to have room to move around with it. I saw a guy bend the rear master cylinder bracket once because his rear brake line was so short.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by SWATGeek
This is most likely because adjustable rear sets might require a longer rear brake line to accomodate all of the available positions they offer. Don't forget that your rear suspension moves a lot and the rear brake line needs to have room to move around with it. I saw a guy bend the rear master cylinder bracket once because his rear brake line was so short.
well i understand the rear swingarm movement and the slack needed for that... but i dont think it needs as much as it has and can def be shorter/look better

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by carbonr1
how many people are going to be inspecting the length of your rear brake line??

Screw em.
youve never been picky over the way something on your bike looks? thought so.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I have HEL race brake lines on mine and they're too short! They barely have enough slack to fit in the brackets on the rear (They dont on the front, instead they're rubbing a hole in my front fender). Looks kinda weird cos they go in a straight line instead of a nice bend. I actually like the look of yours. Nice bike, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.