Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted a gp style pipe for my 07 zx10. I did a lot of looking around but could not find anything I liked except the Muzzy gp pipe. Was getting ready to buy it but a buddy with a zx10 I ride with bought it for his. I didn't want to use the exact same pipe and there was nothing else I was interested in so I started to think about something custom. I really liked the look of the M4 pipe for the 08zx10 so I started to do some research. It ended up that the best pipe for my idea was the M4 for the GSXR1000 due to the mounting tab location on the can. From there it was down to building a custom mid-pipe. Everything worked out perfect! Love the new look of the bike and it feels way more nimble/lighter. My 08 zx6 rear brake reservoir and hot-bodies under-tail should be here this week so I can finish the job. What do ya think?

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I wanted a gp style pipe for my 07 zx10. I did a lot of looking around but could not find anything I liked except the Muzzy gp pipe. Was getting ready to buy it but a buddy with a zx10 I ride with bought it for his. I didn't want to use the exact same pipe and there was nothing else I was interested in so I started to think about something custom.
So its ok if you guys have the same bike, but not the same pipe?:confused: Ok...i like the Jardine...they have both cans and gp style.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So its ok if you guys have the same bike, but not the same pipe?:confused: Ok...i like the Jardine...they have both cans and gp style.
It's nice to ride with somebody who has the same model bike, but im not going to match his part for part. I did this to try and be unique, how many 06-07 zx10's do you see with the M4 pipe?.....none that I have found. If you like the Jardine cool, but it's just another zx10 with Jardine exhaust.

Troy

·
Registered
744 Posts
like a lot even if i am all for the undertail. its just what i like. one thing thats werid to me is that really how all of the 06 07 10r sliders are located? just seems like an odd location

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
like it a lot

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks nice. I had that pipe on my 07 gsxr 1000. It lost top end power so I took it off. Hope it works out well for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks nice. I had that pipe on my 07 gsxr 1000. It lost top end power so I took it off. Hope it works out well for you.
I have heard that from quite a few people both on the 08 zx10 and the Gixxers. I have ordered my PCIII, so as soon as I receive that I will pull some numbers off it and get it tuned. We will find out :dunno:, but so far I love the sound and look.

Troy

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
that looks pretty sweet man, throw a hugger on the back & it would look even better, honestly it makes that bike look not as bulky if you know what i mean, :thumbup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I too noticed some power loss when I put my M4 GP on my 08 10.. I will be replacing it with a full Akra.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
should be the other way around, you'll lose bottom end & torque w/ the short free exhaust, got a dyno chart??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
who did the midpipe? how much did it cost? and can i get one?
A local exhaust/fabrication shop did the mid pipe. I was with him the whole time to make sure it came out as I pictured it. He charged me $30 bucks to fab it up. He did the true duals on my Procharged 99 Camaro, and I think he gave me a good deal. He didn't make a jig so I dont know if he can make another without having the bike.

Troy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts