Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made this out of a 01-03 gsxr 1000 fender. wasn't too hard, cut the rear portion of it to make it a little skinnier so it would fit in between the forks, filled the origional mounting holes and drilled out new ones where I needed them. only problem I had was I could not find allen head screws long enough for the top mounting holes so I had to use hex head bolts for now. anyway a before pic of the fender and some after pics.

and the bikes for sale in the classified section too

·
Registered
224 Posts
Originally posted by badaszx9r
made this out of a 01-03 gsxr 1000 fender. wasn't too hard, cut the rear portion of it to make it a little skinnier so it would fit in between the forks, filled the origional mounting holes and drilled out new ones where I needed them. only problem I had was I could not find allen head screws long enough for the top mounting holes so I had to use hex head bolts for now. anyway a before pic of the fender and some after pics.

and the bikes for sale in the classified section too

It looks kind of big, doesn't it? Why did you opted to go this route? cheaper, customization or they just don't make them for our bikes?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Raunch

It looks kind of big, doesn't it? Why did you opted to go this route? cheaper, customization or they just don't make them for our bikes?
go back to the full pic and look close at the shape of the upper fairing, and then at the shape of the fender... I think the curves are very similar so thats the first reason I chose this one.

2nd reason is I knew I could make it fit nice and snug, and it will never move around on me like the 02-03 style did for lack of plastic to drill through where I needed it most, which is why that one got ruined.

3rd reason is the 98-01 3 piece thing is about as ugly as it gets, just doesn't have any shape to it, and I just don't think it went well with the rest of the bike.

definately wasn't that cheap, fender cost me 120 plus the candy blue and clearcoat and prep time. If anyone wanted something like this made, I could do it but not for less than $150 plus the cost of the fender...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Originally posted by badaszx9r

go back to the full pic and look close at the shape of the upper fairing, and then at the shape of the fender... I think the curves are very similar so thats the first reason I chose this one.

2nd reason is I knew I could make it fit nice and snug, and it will never move around on me like the 02-03 style did for lack of plastic to drill through where I needed it most, which is why that one got ruined.

3rd reason is the 98-01 3 piece thing is about as ugly as it gets, just doesn't have any shape to it, and I just don't think it went well with the rest of the bike.

definately wasn't that cheap, fender cost me 120 plus the candy blue and clearcoat and prep time. If anyone wanted something like this made, I could do it but not for less than $150 plus the cost of the fender...
I got ya! sweet stuff bro. It would be nice if you can make something like that but for the rear hugger.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Raunch

I got ya! sweet stuff bro. It would be nice if you can make something like that but for the rear hugger.
have you seen the pyramid rear hugger 02-03? - I think it looks sharp the way it comes, and its nice and thick with perfct fitment too. don't know what there is for pre 02 but most I've seen are quite plain

·
Registered
507 Posts
You all ready know I LOVE the paint work.....but I like the painted stock fender better bro- I think the stock fender is a better 'canvas' for the paint scheme...but you all ready know I love the paintwork;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by ZX9PILOT
You all ready know I LOVE the paint work.....but I like the painted stock fender better bro- I think the stock fender is a better 'canvas' for the paint scheme...but you all ready know I love the paintwork;)
stock fender rubbed through, due to it not really being the stock fender... 02-03 on a 99

wasn't bad but I am picky[B)]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.