Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy and i were thinking about customizing a new bike. we were thinking about taking an 03 636 or a 02 gixxer and giving it a chopper look. stretching it out, widening the ass end, larger rake, the whole deal. what do you guys think? any tips or thoughts? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
82 Posts
have fun! a friend wanted to do it to a duc. 996......i dont see the point but it would def. look diffrent

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what we're going for. a different look, and still the ability to go fast

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Do it to the gix, not the Kawi.

Sounds like a logistical nightmare, but it can be done if the know-how is there

·
Registered
82 Posts
all i have to say is if you do it post pictures!
and have you ever rode a bike with a long front-end? they bounce all over the place.....not something i want to go fast on

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
smoke anutha one

·
Registered
215 Posts
someone on honda-tech did a ducati, to me its a mix of chopper/fighter:

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I don't know why you would take a functional, decent handling bike and intentionally fuck it all up, I would do it the other way around.

Take an old bike and de-rake it, jack the ass end up to give it some ride height, put an upside on the front and a monoshock on the rear, rearsets, clipons, make it functional.

That Duc above looks REALLY stupid IMO. It's obviously really uncomfortable, and your not going to be able to ride it for shit.

You ever tried to ride a cruiser? They fucking suck balls, they do not turn for shit, everything feels all wrong.

·
Registered
512 Posts
^^^just look at the name, its a cruiser, and it does its job correctly, your are suppose to cruise on them, not race and drag knee. For what they were designed to do, they do it pretty well

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I don't want a bike that is designed to not be ridden. That's boring as all hell. If I wanted something to tour on I would get a real touring bike, or a sport touring bike of some kind. See no value in a bike with fucked up ergos, fucked up chassis geometry, shit suspension and brakes, and weighs 700 lbs and makes 65 hp.

I guess it's really like they say, "If I have to explain it you wouldn't understand"

I don't get it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Just saying though, if you want a cruiser, then your going to be cruising on them, low hp ok, but it has a lot of low end torque which is a lot of fun to ride. I grew up on both bikes so i have a a mixed bias against both, super and choppers alike. each one does its designed job every well, and each one of those jobs are different and alike in the same sense. They both will get you from point A to point B. One will be faster and more dangerous, and the other is slower and more comfortable.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
why do anything??? because you enjoy it.
I guess for me the fun of motorcycles is being able to ride them. Although I do definitely have fun with projects and enjoy working on things, I look forward to being able to thrash on them later.

·
Registered
269 Posts
See I can understand what you are saying about wrecking a performance machine. It would be better suited if you bought something wrecked or a low end performance bike and chopping that out.

·
Registered
743 Posts
One will be faster and more dangerous, and the other is slower and more comfortable.
I'd rather bone the slim, fast, sporty chick rather than the loud, heavy, comfortable chick anyday...

But most Harley guys get the latter anyway. At least there not in the fetal position when they ride...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I dont see why you guys are getting so upset about something so ridiculous as this. It's his money, his bike, his time, and his effort - let him do what he pleases. There's PLENTY of times when I look at a cruiser and think of how comfortable it'd be to lay back just... kinda relax ( wouldnt ever really relax on a bike lol ). But, there's a lot of other times where you couldnt catch me dead. Nothing like a cruiser that could put you on one wheel with the flick of the throttle ;)

Now, if he stole your bike, made a cruiser out of it, and then bragged.. yeah, get upset.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts