Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dude, I have done the same process you are talking about...next on my list of things to do:
1) Flush Mounts in the Froung
2) Short Stalks in the rear with an undertail
3) Carbon Fiber Tire Hugger
4) New cover on left side engine part (generator I think??)
5) repainting the lower left fairing (it was dropped by a previous owner)
either going withe the same yellow, new stripe scheme or the 1998 European Gray version that you can see on the forum

word
E

Yellow/Blk 2001 ZX-6R
~D&D Slip On
My Daily Ride:
Blk/Blk 2003 Acura CL-S 6M

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Just a curiosity...
Where did you guys/gals start on customizing your bikes?
What has been the process and why? For example, I started with a "two bros" bolt-on for sound because the damn cages couldn't hear me coming. (now they just assume I’m a fly or something and still come into my lane, but that's beside the point); then I proceeded to take my decals off to give the bike a slicker look and to get people guessing on what kinda bike it is (amateurs). Now I’m working on shaving the mudguard off just because the freakin thing is fugly[xx(] and I don't want to spend $$ on buying an undertail.
I'm not thinking of getting too many mods done under the tank because...well to be honest I feel it's good power as it is. Why would I want to make it go faster if it's already fast as $hit as it is? Anyway, I know this post is long but you know how it is once you've started talking about you bike [^]

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
299 Posts
[:I] Where do I begin? I started with an '02 Chrome Yellow ZX6R and...

-I polished the frame, that took closer to three months than I'd like to admit.
-Powder coated the rims in a semi-gloss black.
-Smoked double bubble from LP.
-LED front flush mounts from Extreme Graphics.
-Clear brake lenses from EG, with red LED bulbs and a signal integrater.
-Undertail from EG.
-Full Hindle high mount SS system (Ti can, and stainless main).
-Shaved the rear passenger handles, removed passenger seat wtih Ermax cover (being painted)
-Painted the side farings to eliminate the grey paint and decals.
-Progrip tank protector.

Otherwise... I'm in the market for a handful of Carbon Fiber goodies; intake covers, chain guard, mirrors, ram air, and those little fenders on the front forks.

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
LED front flushmounts? what do those look like got a link?

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I guess another good question to ask would be how much you have invested in your baby. Seems to me that we spend a sh!t load[:I]

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Alex, do a search for 'extreme graphics moto art design' and you should find the website.

They're quite brite.

I don't want to think of how much I've spent on it... it's no object, I just love it!

·
Registered
211 Posts
My list is as follows:

1) Cut of rear mudflap (done)
2) Short stalk marker lights on rear (done)
3) Flush Mount marker lights on front (done)
4) Painted Rear Tire Hugger (ordered and on the way)
5) 2 Bro's Bolt on (Ordered and on the way)
6) Mirror Red windshield (Ordered and on the way)
7) Custom seats from Kawasaki, fabric matches bike graphics (Gotta save to order, spent too much on the above)

Thats about all I have on my plate right now.....I think its enough to last me through the summer.....I'll decide on other options at a later time.

[image]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kpstaley28/sittingpretty.jpg[/image]
If she ain't screaming you ain't doing it right!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey ridingred,
did you get covers or new seats? i got covers from kawasaki and they are a bitch to put on and they are hard as a rock from having to get them tight to get the wrinkles out. i went for a long ride yesterday and damn i still can feel it. lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've already done the following:
-Short Stalks in the rear
-Shaved off the mudflap
-Full Exhaust

Once i get the time and the money i will get:
-Read tire hugger and chain guard combo
-Undertail
-Flush mounts for the front
-Polish the frame and wheels

-For the winshield, I had the original clear one on but felt it would look better black. So i took it off and from about a 3 feet away i spray painted it black. It takes a lot of coats, but in the end it looks really good, just make sure you tape off the edges and i'd recommend painting it from the inside.
-While on the topic of cosmetic mods...On the new zx-6r what does the whole in the fairing look like when you take off the front signals? On the 1998 zx-6r its kinda shaped like an egg. I'm not sure what kind of flush mount will completely cover that whole. Any advice?

1998 ZX-6R, Full D&D, -1 in the front.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
gdblatz, do you have a pic of that painted windsreen? sound like a good idea.

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
618 Posts
My order:

1. Zero Gravity DB Screen
2. Muzzy Exhaust System
3. Lockhart Fender Eliminator
4. Rejet Stock Carbs (Pending this week)
5. Kanji Stickers "Imperor" (Pending Paycheck)
6. Dip Wheels in Chrome (Pending)

I love modding bikes...[8D]

"While Ben-Diesel performs in a civilized manner, he’s also capable of AMA 600cc Supersport performance."

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, so this is extremely addicting, I just ordered from tricktape.com:
1 LP type V flush mounts in Clear
2 Carbon Fiber Triple Tree Cover (I like the way it looks)
3 Signal Tripper (I hate sitting at redlights for days while drivers move on)
4 (from eurobikes.com) Yellow Paint Matched Tire Hugger

Next on my list is the undertail from graphicartmotodesign.com

is there anyplace to get those cheaper!

Yellow/Blk 2001 ZX-6R
~D&D Slip On
My Daily Ride:
Blk/Blk 2003 Acura CL-S 6M

·
Registered
242 Posts
It is funny how you can start off with just 1) Buying a colored windscreen to adjust the look on your bike, then end up with-
2) Steel brake lines
3) Flush front signals
4) Racing tail and undertail
5) Taking off the decals
6) Colored Chainguard
7) D&D Full Pipes
8) K&N Air Filter
9) Scotts Permanent Oil Filter
10) Carbonfiber triple-tree cover/instrument panel/ram-air intake
covers
11) Polished the wheels (hopefully the frame soon)
12) hmmm, what's next[:p]

The only thing that a Gixxer hurts is my soul!

·
Registered
211 Posts
They are the actual seats not covers, not cheap, but very nice :D

Your not living if your not riding!
[image]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kpstaley28/sittingpretty.jpg[/image]
If she ain't screaming you ain't doing it right!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ive only had my bike 2 months and ive already
1) Micron Slipon
2) Targa Tail kit
3) Short stalks up front
4) Seat covers from Kawi (still on back order)
5) Sportech chrome wind screen
6) Micron header (next week)
7) PCIII (next week)
8) new sprokets (next week)
9) new tires, havent decided which kind yet, I found a nail in my rear one today, and that will also be (next week)

Man im gonna be busy next week;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Check out this post by Tommyboynjataol ...

(The Complete Aftermarket Parts List for '03 ZX6R's) /forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3973&SearchTerms=Fender,Eliminator,

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling." -Margaret Lee Runbeck
------------
Red 03 ZX6R

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi there all this is my first post.
I am geting a 03 zx6r this week. put a small deposit on it to reserve it untill i can get time to go and pick it up. ( my dad had a heart bypass and i have been running to pittsburgh every day ( 2 hour drive each way) the guy at the shop where i am getting my bike was very understanding and said he would have it ready for me this monday, but I could pick it up anytime.....
currently I am still riding my 89 VTR 250 honda intercepter. its in great shape but i hate the color so Dad and I painted it about a month ago with chrome yellow paint and got some carbon fiber graphics for it, a supertrapp and some short stalks..... it looks great now and i hate to trade it in .... but man that blue 636 looks sweet!!!!
anyway.. in response to the thread........ someone had mentioned that they had painte there windscreen black.... I just wanted to say that this works great if you are looking for a dark looking screen for cheap and you dont mind not being able to see through it ( not a problem on my VTR 250) i just used some black spray paint ( decent quality stuff) and shot the inside of it lightly and kept applying coats untill it looked good..... using the inside will keep it looking good for a long time as road debris will not contact it......
if you wanted to you could also put a sticker or hang a picture or whatever on the inside of the screen since it will not be seen from the outside........
well just wanted to say hi to everyone and im sure that i will be posting alot here once i get my new ride......
as for mods.... thats why i bought new...... so there would be nothing to be fixed..... but i am a modder at heart ( my mom still can not see why anyone in there right mind would buy a car with out an engine or transmission)
So I will probably unbolt the mudflap as soon as i get it home and break out the tools.... it looks really bad I think.... besides there is a hugger there to keep most crap off the bike...... i will make one out of steel for it. for about a dollar.... I have carbon mini blinkers from my old bike that are like 4 days old. and a new carbon tank pad........ I would like a can but it is all i can do to pay for the new ride so that will have to wait..... at least KAWI thought about the fact that everyone does not throw the stock can away away as soon as they get there bike. and they polished it..... it looks really nice...... sound is cool but looks are up there for me too and i think the stock can looks killer compared to all of the other brands of bikes that I have been looking at. ( maybe if they would have chrome plated the rear mud flap people would leave them on LOL HAHAA)
well thats all ill talk to you all later
Toxic

Getting my 2003 this week. Stil riding my 89 VTR 250 Honda. Mint shape, 2000 For Chrome Yellow

·
Registered
54 Posts
Whats the deal with these rear huggers anyway? I couldn't stand the way mine looked, so I painted it silver with some color-rite match, but it's still not what I like. So now I took it completely off, as well as the chain guard. I love the naked rear tire look now, very race like. To each his own I suppose!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.