Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 zx6r with a yoshi rs-3 pipe, it sounds good and all but I want it to be louder. I like it with the pipe totally gone but its a lil loud. Ive seen alot of guys cut their pipes down but mine cost about $300+ and i dont really wanna cut it if someone would buy it. Would you cut it down, in half, and rivot it back together for shorty look or would you sell it and get one of those little built in muffle/tip deals? what would you do.

I did it, it sounds soo awesome. Im posting pics and a video now.

really loud but not, "no pipe at all" loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY2H5LuyxtQ

·
Registered
646 Posts
Dang and i thought my pipe was short. I would have thought yours would have been louder. Here is a vid of mine, don't have any pics on this computer. Your pipe looks good, i like the way the titanium looks as a shorty.

I thought it was pretty easy and came out better than expected.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine is actually very loud but the camera doesnt show it really. But yeah its LOUDDDD

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i never use my kill switch, always just turn the key off. i may have to start using it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I really like the way your pipe looks. Have you thought about running it without the hanger? I am sure some people will advocate not doing so but it just looks a lot better and there is a bolt holding the exhaust up right in the middle under the bike so i see no harm, i run without the hanger. My pipe gets a little annoying some times but not often.

·
Registered
646 Posts
E30, I like what you've done with your bike.:cool: What upper triple clamp did you put on it?
First off, I am honored that your first post would b e about me....not to hijack this thread.

The triple is for the 05 06 636. Had to have it when i did the fork swap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts