Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
it seems that whenever i get cut-off on the road it's generally by some asshole in his/her mercedes who feel road rules don't apply to them or someone on their fucking mobile phone!
well i was just severely cut-off by a woman who was too busy chatting on her phone. i should of broken a mirror but chose not to. instead i pulled up next to her, tapped on her window and called her a fucking whore :(
my question to everyone is this; is mobile phone use while driving illegal in your country/state? should be illegal everywhere considering the majority of the general population are complete retards and shouldn't be driving-let alone talking on the phone while driving!

ok, i feel a bit better now

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ur ABSOLUTLEY right!!!!! [+ a million] i live in arlington 2 miles from DC and commute there for work everyday. theres a no cell phone law but No ONe obeys it. cops are busy taking care of other things i guess. If they would set up a cop every 5 miles on new york ave alone they would bring in $1,000,000 a day. I got cut of by a 15 year old girl in day while she was on the phone lookin into the sun shade mirror. then the pennies came out of my pocket :D

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
there is a cell phone law here, but it is realy not enforced. i dont think people should be allowed to talk on their phone and drive. of course im kind of a bitch here, i do talk on my phone and drive on occasion, but i keep the call short, it is on speaker phone, and MY DRIVING COMES FIRST (this is the key). the issue with people on their cell phone and driving, is that they pay attention to the phone and not to traffic. when i have to talk and drie, normally the person has to tell me all over when i get to my location, because i dont remember half of what they said. studies have shown that it dosent matter wether you are holding the phone to your ear, or have a hands free device, that the cause of accidents in talking on the phone and driving is due to the lack of attention that people pay to thier driving and the road.

one reason that i love my bike, i no one can call me. it is my time alone. yet another reason that riding is so great.

ps. down here, it is people in their SUV's that typically cut you off more. apparently every one down here needs the towing power of a tractor trailer, with the sleex sexy styling of a.......................tractor trailer.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
we have the law here but its not enforced either. but hell, i talk on the fone, send text messages on the fone while driving and i have a 5 speed (f150) lol. i can also do text while riding my bike. i'm good at multi-tasking. ;)

but yea, some people are dumbasses when it comes to driving and doing anything else.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by To_OSLoW
Ur ABSOLUTLEY right!!!!! [+ a million] i live in arlington 2 miles from DC and commute there for work everyday. theres a no cell phone law but No ONe obeys it. cops are busy taking care of other things i guess. If they would set up a cop every 5 miles on new york ave alone they would bring in $1,000,000 a day. I got cut of by a 15 year old girl in day while she was on the phone lookin into the sun shade mirror. then the pennies came out of my pocket :D
I don't think I could handle riding in the District every day. I have to do it like 3-4 times a week and the circles freak me out. People change langes all the time without any signal whatsoever.

To the OP - cell phone use is illegal in basically all of the states around me. But no one gives a shit. I see tons of people on their cell phones and nothing happens to them. I usually give them the finger but the cops don't do shit.

And those cell phone head sets don't change shit. You're distracted because you're talking on the phone, not because you only have one hand on the wheel. All cell phone use, head set or not, should be banned while driving.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't doubt that some people are fine driving and talking however i have been in the car with some serious retards who simply shouldn't be driving yet these same people are too ignorant to realize they suck at driving and believe they can talk on the phone at the same time?????
blows my mind!
i know i would suck at walking a tight-rope. but you're not gonna catch me on the phone while doing it!
i let me my girlfriend blow me on occasion while driving ;) that's about it :D

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
when i was back in grade school I had to write a paper about this lol. All i know is that some states have made legislation sayin that you need a handsfree device. I think it should be like that nationwide...but that's just me

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
It's illegal here and enforced very strictly. It's like a $350 fine and 4 points I think. So it should be, too. I see a lot of people still driving around yapping on their phones though.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Quarkz
It's illegal here and enforced very strictly. It's like a $350 fine and 4 points I think. So it should be, too. I see a lot of people still driving around yapping on their phones though.
that's cool![:10]

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Originally posted by -anth-

[SNIP}
well i was just severely cut-off by a woman who was too busy chatting on her phone. i should of broken a mirror but chose not to. instead i pulled up next to her, tapped on her window and called her a fucking whore :(

[SNIP]

ok, i feel a bit better now
While I fully understand your frustration & agree with your outrage, just calling her a whore probably did more harm than good; I'm sure she just shut off her brain (whatever little she has) at that point and figured you were just some maniac. She most likely had NO idea what you were ranting about.

A better approach would have been to tap on her window & tell her she nearly just took your life because she was gabbing on the phone. It might have done some good, or it might not... just calling her a whore didn't let her know why you were angry.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by anarion55

While I fully understand your frustration & agree with your outrage, just calling her a whore probably did more harm than good; I'm sure she just shut off her brain (whatever little she has) at that point and figured you were just some maniac. She most likely had NO idea what you were ranting about.

A better approach would have been to tap on her window & tell her she nearly just took your life because she was gabbing on the phone. It might have done some good, or it might not... just calling her a whore didn't let her know why you were angry.
you are absolutely right. but damn did it make me feel good :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon

I don't think I could handle riding in the District every day. I have to do it like 3-4 times a week and the circles freak me out. People change langes all the time without any signal whatsoever.

To the OP - cell phone use is illegal in basically all of the states around me. But no one gives a shit. I see tons of people on their cell phones and nothing happens to them. I usually give them the finger but the cops don't do shit.

And those cell phone head sets don't change shit. You're distracted because you're talking on the phone, not because you only have one hand on the wheel. All cell phone use, head set or not, should be banned while driving.
Your right the district has got to be one of the worst places to ride. Be careful if your ever in NE / SE late my buddy got kicked off his bike at a stop light on MLK and they took off. I like to call them "CIRCLES OF DEATH" when your passin in heavy traffic lay on your horn. Trust me ive seen people veer away from me simpley b/c they heard the horn.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by helo-pilot
there is a cell phone law here, but it is realy not enforced. i dont think people should be allowed to talk on their phone and drive. of course im kind of a bitch here, i do talk on my phone and drive on occasion, but i keep the call short, it is on speaker phone, and MY DRIVING COMES FIRST (this is the key). the issue with people on their cell phone and driving, is that they pay attention to the phone and not to traffic. when i have to talk and drie, normally the person has to tell me all over when i get to my location, because i dont remember half of what they said. studies have shown that it dosent matter wether you are holding the phone to your ear, or have a hands free device, that the cause of accidents in talking on the phone and driving is due to the lack of attention that people pay to thier driving and the road.

one reason that i love my bike, i no one can call me. it is my time alone. yet another reason that riding is so great.

ps. down here, it is people in their SUV's that typically cut you off more. apparently every one down here needs the towing power of a tractor trailer, with the sleex sexy styling of a.......................tractor trailer.

Werd. My wife finally stopped getting pissed, now just tells me to call her when I get where I'm going. The first few times of her asking "are you paying attention at all?" with me replying "...to the road" pissed her off pretty good, though.

·
Registered
484 Posts
The whole smashing the sidemirror thing I'm total for it but the down side is that you have to take the higher gound and remain cool not loose your head, but explain that your family won't enjoy the holidays because your (The SOB in the car)action just caused my death. But you please continue having a wonderful day.

A Cop once pulled me over and he flat out said the IF YOU RIDE THOSE THINGS (meaning sport bike, because I know his Harley buddies are COOL) ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE YOU'LL BE DEAD. No Ticket just have a nice night.

Glad you're OK FU#K ituse the forum as a placee to vent. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very illegal in NY we must use handsfree and it is enforced pretty regularly but those who use their cellphones without handsfree are usually the ones in the accidents

·
Registered
509 Posts
i'm orginally from LI and it is a law their in NY to have handsfree. They inforce the shit out of it there too. something like a 250 buck fine.

IMO.. Handsfree or not, the driver is still distracted!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
This is true.. Every time I've been nearly killed, the oblivious driver is on a cell phone or doing makeup.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL
This is true.. Every time I've been nearly killed, the oblivious driver is on a cell phone or doing makeup.
doing make-up? man! how do you reason with that? you can't calmly tap on the window and say "excuse me miss but you almost killed me back there"...at least i couldn't.
i once saw this old chick in her benz sitting at a light behind a bus. i was next to her on my bike and i was just watching this cow chatting away on her phone while her car was slowly rolling forward. she had no clue at all! the genius just slowly rolled into the back of the bus. i could of easily tapped on her window and prevented it but i figured the bitch deserved it. she had the stupidist look on her face [:0] was probably worried that she would have to explain to her husband that she is mentally retarded and incapable of controlling a motor vehicle WHILE STOPPED!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.