Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ridding home the other night and as I pull up to the stop sign next to my house I look down and the oil like is on. Then I realize that the bike isnt running either. Anyone have any ideas? It is about time for the first tune up. What does everyone think.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
you ran out of gas.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am having the same problem, but it seems on a much larger scale. Are you getting lugging before the engine shuts off? Is this problem repeating itself or was it just the one time? Did the FI light come on at all? I thought I had fixed the problem with my bike cutting out when I installed a PC III. But after two weeks of problem free riding, it just decided to happen to me about 15 times on the way back from a casual ride today. It'll lug a couple times, and if I slip the clutch and rev up a bit sometimes it'll keep running for a little longer. After it lugs I lose power and the engine will keep running, but it is as if I have the throttle closed, even if I try to gun it. Once I close the clutch, however, the engine just shuts off completely. Coming to a stop, it will not start up again until I shut it off and on. If I try to, the FI light blinks. I'll be putting the stock exhaust back on tomorrow to see if that's the culprit. Any of the symptoms sound the same mat? Lemme know if you find out whats wrong.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am having the same problem, but it seems on a much larger scale. Are you getting lugging before the engine shuts off? Is this problem repeating itself or was it just the one time? Did the FI light come on at all? I thought I had fixed the problem with my bike cutting out when I installed a PC III. But after two weeks of problem free riding, it just decided to happen to me about 15 times on the way back from a casual ride today. It'll lug a couple times, and if I slip the clutch and rev up a bit sometimes it'll keep running for a little longer. After it lugs I lose power and the engine will keep running, but it is as if I have the throttle closed, even if I try to gun it. Once I close the clutch, however, the engine just shuts off completely. Coming to a stop, it will not start up again until I shut it off and on. If I try to, the FI light blinks. I'll be putting the stock exhaust back on tomorrow to see if that's the culprit. Any of the symptoms sound the same mat? Lemme know if you find out whats wrong.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
well when the oil light comes on and the bike dies, could be a fuel delivery problem. take it back to the dealer, dont mess with it yourself since its new.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
well when the oil light comes on and the bike dies, could be a fuel delivery problem. take it back to the dealer, dont mess with it yourself since its new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.