Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 zx6r with an akra slip on. I getting ready to cut down the akra to make it a short to get some more sound out of it. I need advice as to which end to cut front or back end. Please help. Thanks in advance.

[email protected]

·
Registered
247 Posts
i would say closer to the pipe what ever you consider that back or front, reason if you dont do such a good job it will be less noticable IMO

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,488 Posts
My advice is 'dont do it'. lol But definately cut it on the inlet side...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha... yeah I'm having reservations on cutting up a perfectly well engineered system. But.. just to satisfy my craving for more sound, I think i'm gonna take the plunge. Okay... so inlet side it is. Will i need to remap the power commander? I'll post the pics, thanks guys.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know, that's what's holding me back. I get the erge to start then look at the can and ask myself if I really want to do this. I try to justify it by looking at it as not having to buy another pipe.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Did anybody think of just taking some of the packing out? Will that increase the sound? just curious. Man, cutting on $400 pipes, good luck.

·
Registered
261 Posts
just remove the can and there you go. that will be louder right? you could just hack it off at the rearset gp style.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,488 Posts
2nd on the good rivet gun. The last thing you want after taking your time and making a painstakingly clean cut is to have sloppy rivets. As for remapping the PC...doubtful. Shortening the pipe won't really affect the flowrate since the aftermarket pipe has no bends or baffles inside the can. It shouldn't, anyway. The can for my Akra I had on my 636 was straight through with a perforated sheath and some packing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.