Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm cutting the cat out of my header tomorrow and wrapping it in exhaust wrap. I'm hoping to cut some heat out of the bike, I tired of seeing 225 degrees when riding in the mountains and my rearsets getting hot enough to cook my feet through my A* boots. [B)]

Anyone have good results from this?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
mine hasnt ran over 216 sitting in dead locked traffic in 100+ florida heat since i started running synthetic it really made the motor run 10 degrees cooler. doesnt feel any cooler though just thought id add that, there is a good write up in the how to section on removing the cat if you need any pointers it seems to me like too much work for not really any gains. header wrap is a really good idea though im gonna do that right where the pipe comes by my leg good idea

·
Registered
213 Posts
I removed mine, runs 5-8 degrees cooler. Nice little boost in the mid and right off throttle it just seems smoother. DO IT!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Since removed im like 5 degrees cooler, alot smoother too. Im thinking about wrapping it as well, though i never see past 216F. I do get an occasional backfire while downshifting and hard breaking, sometimes its really loud. My friend says he has seen flame in the exhaust at night when it backfires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.