·
Registered
180 Posts
Searching the internet I found this review:

http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=816

They say:
0-60 mph 7.6 sec.
Top speed 96 mph
I thought 0-60mph was like 5.7 sec and topspeed was a little more...like 110 real mph. Now I feel that I ride a small scooter or something...
It's only a 250. The weight of the test rider can also make a difference. I suspect that the little Ninja eats up a lot of time making you shift so quickly off the line as compared to larger bikes. With the 250 you really have to run through the first couple of gears to get it going.

Tim

·
Registered
216 Posts
What do you want from a 250. All riders come up with different numbers so I wouldn't worry about what they got and hell, just enjoy the bike for what it is and take advantage of what it can do in the twisties:). You want a faster bike, buy a 600.

·
Registered
775 Posts
That's actually just what they put up. I ran a 15.08 and I suck. So you put a real rider on the bike like they do the rest of the bikes and it'd be 14's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This must've been the test rider:

:D

Reactions: VeX

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's actually just what they put up. I ran a 15.08 and I suck. So you put a real rider on the bike like they do the rest of the bikes and it'd be 14's.
That is also what I'm thinking cause the old 250r had about [email protected] and 3 days ago I raced a mitsubishi evo IX - I know that this bike has stock [email protected] and I was infront of him - despite my small tires - low traction (from a stop and for about 10sec)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
you beat an evo with your 250r?

·
Registered
180 Posts
This must've been the test rider:

:D
Ouch, my eyes! The fact that some company actually makes leathers to fit this guy means they expect to sell enough to make production worthwhile. Boggles the mind. I have long joked about how many fat bikers there are, few on sport bikes though. My theory is that motorcycles give them the freedom of movement they don't get otherwise don't feel due to their corpulence.

Tim

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Ouch, my eyes! The fact that some company actually makes leathers to fit this guy means they expect to sell enough to make production worthwhile. Boggles the mind. I have long joked about how many fat bikers there are, few on sport bikes though. My theory is that motorcycles give them the freedom of movement they don't get otherwise don't feel due to their corpulence.

Tim
Pretty sure that suit is one-off.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Searching the internet I found this review:

http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=816

They say:
0-60 mph 7.6 sec.
Top speed 96 mph
I thought 0-60mph was like 5.7 sec and topspeed was a little more...like 110 real mph. Now I feel that I ride a small scooter or something...
The spec's seem very accurate to me based on the performance I've experienced. I'm not disappointed. For a stock 250 4 cycle this performance is ok by me. Almost all motorcycle speedo's have about a 10% bias. All 3 of my bikes do including the 250. So 110 indicatated would be an actual value somewhere between 95 and 100 MPH. What impresses me is how quickly this little motor accelerates from around 40 to 80...I like its mid range performance. If I have a disappointment its the low end acceleration up to about 40, particularly fisrt and second gear which are too low. I'm considering going 15/43 on the sprockets.
Bill

·
Registered
647 Posts
this is the only reason i hate that kawi redesign the 250 to be like the bigger bikes. people think that just cuz it looks like the bigger bikes it should be performing just as good as the bikes and such. its just a 250, and honestly it is just a step up from the 149cc scooters. it just like 100times better and so forth. i dont know why people expect sooo much.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts