Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a carbon fiber one on my 01 and love it...they are very loud just so you know...but I really like the sound especially when the rpm's are up there.

------

Old enough to know better...young enough not to care.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Every D&D I've ever seen has looked shitty, and they sound even worse. I don't like the quality of their construction, and for the money, there are a lot better pipes out there. Do a little research before you spend your hard earned dollars on anything that expensive.

·
Registered
98 Posts
hey just signed up on this site today... i would like to get your opinion on something... i have a 98 zx6r i was look for a good after market slip on.. what do you think of a carbon fiber D&D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
How much are you looking at spending, and what are you looking for in an exhaust?

------

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Hindle makes a good pipe. Good price, good performance and good sound. Not too loud either.

------

The truth is out there...
...its just a matter of knowing where to look.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Im looking to spend anywhere from 250-350 for a carbon fiber slip on... I want a nice pitch sound and something that doesnt look cheap... This winter im going to get a full exhaust. I have been stuck with my stock pipe that limits it at 80dbs... so i mainly want to be heard..[8D]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
If you shop around you might be able to find a Yosh in that range or close. They have a very throaty sound and imo look much better quality than many of the competitors. As always, I recommend you find someone with that exhaust on a similar displacement bike before purchasing yours. Have a good close-up look and listen and make an educated decision.

------

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a carbon fibre M4 on mine and I love it. It's not to loud but just loud enough and it looks awesome good material and design also.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would never buy a D&D. Every D&D I've ever heard was offensively loud. And, it's not a good sounding loud. Like I said in another post, if shit had a sound, it would be a D&D. I rode 150 miles to the beach with 6 guys that didn't have a D&D(all had Muzzy or Hindle, all look and sound great), and one guy that did have a D&D. After about an hour, all of us were ready to tell him to go home(instead we just made him ride in the back). I would really recommend a Muzzy or a Hindle, if you can find something in your price range. If you can't, save up, just don't buy a D&D!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I love the way my carbon D&D sounds, there are no issues with the quality either. All these guys saying they are too loud must be too old :D There is a pic on my site if you wanna check it out.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My D&D carbon pipe is great looking...I paid $200...how could I pass up a deal like that. As far as the noise...to each his own. Kernus...keep searching E-bay...that's where I got my pipe...great deals but you have to be patient and shop carefully.

4DRSS...I'll be 49 in a month and I don't think its too loud...but I've never been one to act my age.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Originally posted by Unreel

My D&D carbon pipe is great looking...I paid $200...how could I pass up a deal like that. As far as the noise...to each his own. Kernus...keep searching E-bay...that's where I got my pipe...great deals but you have to be patient and shop carefully.

4DRSS...I'll be 49 in a month and I don't think its too loud...but I've never been one to act my age.
What's the saying Unreel, the older the wiser ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
personally i don't like the D&D either, mostly cause every moron here on his new '03 r6 has one. i just think there are better pipes for the buck or close to it. also i've heard questionable reviews on carbon fibre in general. if you bike spends much time in the sun they are said to be prone to fading. i say Micron, Hindle or scorpion. in that order

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I still have to say I like my D&D carbon...would it have been my first choice...no...but its in perfect condition and the price was right. I continue to shop and when there is another great deal out there on another...maybe Yosh or something...I'll grab it and I'll have a pipe for sale on here. In the mean time...nothing wrong with the D&D. You gotta do what you gotta do when your on a budget which my wife and daughter remind me to stick to.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think i may try the D&D...i went the their web site and listend to the slip on... I got goose bumps... funny story about the cops though...I live kinda in the country and one day me and my buds wanted to have fun so we took teh pipes off our bikes and jsut ran straight like that. The cops heard us a mile away INSIDE the police station... it was great. They came to my house and were like "was that you racing up and down the street?" im like no officer i have a noise reduction exhust on my bike go look at it if you want. (the stock one reduces it to 80dbs..) he went and looked at it and as he was there this red bike (mine is also red) flew past my house with this loud ass pipe... the cop jumped in his car and went after him. The timing could not have been better. I still laugh at that... i would have felt bad about getting that bike in trouble but hes an ass... he doent do the wave.. guess hes to cool for that shit..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good call. I have a D&D on my 97 and I think it sounds great. It's not annoying as some have said here. What's with that anyway? And how is it that they are not made well and that there are "better pipes for the buck"? Do you guys work for motorcycle exhaust companies or how is it that you're such experts? Bottom line Kernus, buy what you like not what everyone else says is good. You're going to hear a million and one opinions and who's right anyway? It call comes down to personal preference.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.