Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I wanted one, couldn't get it over my heart to spend R1500 on one...

So here is my D.I.Y. Effort.

I don;t know how its supposed to fit on the bike so I though i'd re design my chan cover with the hugger being part of the new one.

Still a word in progress but here it is this far...

I used aluminium mesh to build the construct, I then applied fibre glass to it and am currently busy finishing it off. I also later scrapped the chain guard and am gonna do just the hugger alone and make some brackets or summin to fit it to the bike. The chain guard is requires just too much detail for it too look and fit propperly.

Here are some pics before the fiblre glass...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any ideas on how to fit the hugger to the swing arm? How does an aftermarket hugger fit the the swing arm?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
several options for you on securing it...
1.drill a couple holes,and then use screws or bolts
2.make some brackets like a c clamp--power bronze style
3.zip tie that bad boy on there

I think your idea should be pretty sweet, and WOrk most importantly.
keep us posted and get some light in there.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like some pics on how other huggers ar "clamped" .. I don't wanna drill holes into my swingarm....

·
Registered
359 Posts
My powerbronze uses a small triangular plate that bolts to the brake hose retainer bracket bolt on the inside of the of the RHS of the swingarm.there are holes in each corner,one to fix it to the swingarm the other two stick up above the swingarm to allow you to bolt the hugger to it.On the LHS I have two clamps that fix around the brace on the swingarm that give you the fixings for the hugger but if your building a chain guard into your design I don't think you would need the clamps,I would just use the existing chain mounts like Ermax do.I think a lot of manufacturers build in chain guards into their huggers purely to solve the problem of mounting on the LHS of the bike.
I'm looking forward to seeing your results,good luck!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yay!
Cost me about R250 vs R1500 bucks. I guesse its not the most advanced hugger on the planet but its exatly the looik I was hoping for.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yay! Nah I made it more for the look than the practicality. I think it flows nice with the lines of the bike. But thanks for the compliment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.