Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the shop install my map and PC. Now I want to D/L a new map for the pipe with the K&N but I dont have the cables or nothing. What do I need? From their website it looks like ill need the cd-rom and the usb cable. How hard is it ive never done this before.[8D]

MOVED TO THE RIGHT SECTION
-arturo3rd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
most usb cables from mp3 players and digial cables will work. You can download the software from the powercommander website and read the tutorial...It's really easy....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
if the shop did a custom map, you wouldn't want to use the maps on the website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
Originally posted by 707kawasaki
So I had the shop install my map and PC. Now I want to D/L a new map for the pipe with the K&N but I dont have the cables or nothing. What do I need? From their website it looks like ill need the cd-rom and the usb cable. How hard is it ive never done this before.[8D]
If you bought the PC from the shop, then it should have come with the cables and CD. Otherwise, you can get the software from the powercommander.com website, they have it for download.

I am not sure about the cable though but if other members say that any USB cable for an MP3 player will work, try it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,726 Posts
The USB cable is a standard run-of-the-mill USB link cable. Just about every MP3 player and cell phone now comes with one so it should be easy to get one.

The software can be downloaded from www.powercommander.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 707kawasaki
MOVED TO THE RIGHT SECTION
-arturo3rd
I posted it over thier because this question was geared torward a product and its function as opposed to a specific model of a bike, my bad.

Originally posted by jimmydasnake
most usb cables from mp3 players and digial cables will work. You can download the software from the powercommander website and read the tutorial...It's really easy....
You know what your right, I went to the website and the tutorial makes it seem real easy.

Originally posted by jimmyt89
if the shop did a custom map, you wouldn't want to use the maps on the website.
Naw he just D/L a premade one.

Originally posted by fulcrum



If you bought the PC from the shop, then it should have come with the cables and CD. Otherwise, you can get the software from the powercommander.com website, they have it for download.

I am not sure about the cable though but if other members say that any USB cable for an MP3 player will work, try it out.
It probobly did he must of kept it or something:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,056 Posts
Hey 707 ,
i have a custom map for the 03 636 with micron can and k&n filter - if you want to give it a try[?] then throw me a pm with your email
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by lbknuckles
Hey 707 ,
i have a custom map for the 03 636 with micron can and k&n filter - if you want to give it a try[?] then throw me a pm with your email
:D
awesome, I will, I have a muzzy can, but when my mechanic d/l the map it said micron/muzzy slip on, so I think its basically the same thing. I should get the filter monday I just need the cables and such.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top