Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my daughter has decided she loves to go for rides with dad. I suprised her the other day and picked her up at school, she thought that was way cool 'cause all the kids got to see her take off on the back of dads Kawi. Anyways, could someone point me in the right direction for youth helmets online. I have done some searching but the selection seems to be slim. Oh, yeah, she wants pink.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Not sure about streetbike helmets, but I'm pretty sure you can get mx helmets in kids sizes.

As a sidebar, I was out riding this weekend and I saw some guy riding with his daughter on the back of his r1. Must have been a pretty cool wknd for the kid!

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i ride my kids all the time. they love it when you pick them up at school. i've been letting my oldest boy drag race mine since he was 12, all his freinds think it's cool as hell that he gets to haul ass on a streetbike. let my youngest boy (he's 9)ride a freinds stuntbike. he loved it.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Originally posted by chopperpilot99
Hey everyone, my daughter has decided she loves to go for rides with dad. I suprised her the other day and picked her up at school, she thought that was way cool 'cause all the kids got to see her take off on the back of dads Kawi. Anyways, could someone point me in the right direction for youth helmets online. I have done some searching but the selection seems to be slim. Oh, yeah, she wants pink.
Just a thought....you might have better luck searching for ATV or snowmobile helmets for youth as those markets have been popular for those age groups for a long time....or as a last resort..the dirt bike market has been catering to youth for a few years now and should have a good selection of helmets....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Originally posted by warbuk
i ride my kids all the time. they love it when you pick them up at school. i've been letting my oldest boy drag race mine since he was 12, all his freinds think it's cool as hell that he gets to haul ass on a streetbike. let my youngest boy (he's 9)ride a freinds stuntbike. he loved it.
Sorry to take this off topic but how old were your kids when you starting letting them ride. Mine are way to young. 1 1/2 but he loves the motorcycle and I'm just wondering about when others let their kids ride.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Man, I respect all of you guy’s decision to ride your kids an I am sure they absolutely love it but no way in hell would I put my child on a street bike. Riding on the street is just dangerous,plan and simple. I think it’s generally an excepted fact that it’s only a matter of time before something happens. Besides who makes proper fitting gear for a kids?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I know I'm not being very helpful, but here's a pic of my 2 year old rocking my wife's helmet while tearing up our old apartment on his Kawi

:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Originally posted by moloko
I know I'm not being very helpful, but here's a pic of my 2 year old rocking my wife's helmet while tearing up our old apartment on his Kawi

:)
i got my kid the kawasaki big wheel too. He likes to wear my helmet but if he leans over to far he goes right to the ground so had to stop letting him wear it.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by warbuk
your 9yr son is riding a stunt bike without any gear?[:0]

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You might want to check for helmets in Jr. sizes. I know for sure Vega helmets makes Jr. size. Look on Ebay or on their website.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Originally posted by fclark

Sorry to take this off topic but how old were your kids when you starting letting them ride. Mine are way to young. 1 1/2 but he loves the motorcycle and I'm just wondering about when others let their kids ride.
my boys have been riding dirtbikes since both were around 5-6 years old. streetbike for short rides around 6-7 years old. have went on toy runs when they were 8. they love it. my oldest boy is 14 6'1 @ 250lbs. he doesn't ride with me anymore. to big lol

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Originally posted by 2k6r520

your 9yr son is riding a stunt bike without any gear?[:0]

haha, he was just crusing in 1st. he wanted to ride a wheeli but i wouldn't let him cause i had no gear with me at the time. we call him "wildman" , he can rip it up pretty good.

sorry, didn't meen to jack the thread [V]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.