Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just picked up a Dainese Laguna Seca jacket it says it has a pocket for a Dainese G1 or G2 back protector. Does that mean I can pick one up and install it onto the jacket? I'd want one without waist/arm straps since its going to become part of the jacket right? I have an old Dainese Gladiator jacket that has a back protector already would I be able to move that over to the new jacket? Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeah as long as it fits in the back pocket.

you just unzip/ unvelcro the old pocket in the old jacket, take out the protector and stick it into your new jacket back pocket.

i bought a santa monica recently and i find it pretty wierd that for dainese (a top of the line brand) when a customer drops $700 on a jacket it doesnt even come with a back protector?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet hopefully it fits, at first glance I didn't notice any velcro/zip for a back protector I guess I didn't look hard enough. The Santa Monica is a sweet jacket. Ya, I thought all Dainese jackets came with back protectors cause the Gladiator I got for free from a friend and it has one already. Feel weird wearing a jacket without one, heh

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
nope. Not all dainese jackets come with the backprotectors but they all have the pocket. Heck even their Jack F prof suit doesn't come with one. I don't think the Laugna suit comes with one either. In my opinion, the back protectors that fit in those pockets never seem to fully cover the FULL spine, more or less just in the center region, which is good if you hit there, but that does tend to leave your lower back exposed. I did get one with my rossi suit and their 2K and up suits do come with them. I've never thought their back protectors seem to cover the full spine as good as the A*'s one I have though, which is why I always wear that one instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts