Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 6R with a groove in the frame from when it was dropped. The groove is on the right side perpendicular to the ground next to your knee. It doesn't go all the way through the frame and its not across the entire length. Can frame be repaired and if so how?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i assume you're talking about the aluminum frame. if the groove isn't too deep it should be fine. if the frame is twisted you're screwed[xx(]. to replace a frame costs $1500 plus service. don't bother trying to fix it if it is twisted, the frame will then have stress cracks through it and it's integrity is shot.

i am so moving somewhere where the riding season is longer!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
buy a frame guard form LP or ART. they come i carbon fiber and cover the upper part and stop at the intake covers. im thinking of getting one from LP for $170. ART makes them for $130 i think.

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
315 Posts
when i got my bike it had a ding in the right side of the frame from where the clip on whacked it. ive eye balled it every which way and even checked clearances on both sides of the gas tank and see no problems. then again, it seems to pull to the right very lightly. it might have something to do with the tank slapper that sent me over recently.

try to get it laser checked or something. theres a place called gmd computrack that could help you out. you might even be lucky enough to have one within 4 hours of you too. not so in the midwest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i'm gonna go with the frame guards since the frame isn't bent and it is still intact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.