Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well in addition to the Frame covers and the Duct covers I have just purchased an as new Pyramid Carbon Fibre Hugger £40/$72 rather than new from pyramid direct £129/$232 also picked up a set of Carbon Fibre Heel Plates £28/$50 which are the same style as OEM with holes in and lastly Carbon Fibre Tank Pad £18/$33 to replace my motografix one.

Ill get some pictures put up when I receive & fit them (next week or so).

The only thing left to get for the moment is a Carbon Fibre Mudguard for the front, im looking for a one piece unit rather than the carbon side pieces and preferably not the vented one so if anyone sees a good one about for the 6R please let me know.

more as i find it :)

Russ

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehe johnny tell me about it, i even have 5 sqm of carbon fibre plain weave matting in the watch box cos im seriously tempted to make some bits of my own :) £100/$180.

damn that shits costly even in raw form.

Russ

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Heh, as a former Duc owner.... good luck with that carbon fever thing.... I am estimating my Monster has about $3K worth of carbonfiber on it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I've had Carbon fever for a very long time. I currently have installed a Pyramid Carbon Fiber Hugger, Lockhart Phillips Carbon Works Front fender side covers, Carbon Fiber Brake and Clutch Levers, MagKnight Magnetic Carbon Fiber Tank Protector, LUIMOTO Carbon Seat covers. I even have a Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame. Over next winter I will probably install ,right and left engine covers, frame covers, duct covers. As for my heel guards I'm having a company make me a set with "ZZR600" laser engraved on them and either have them chromed or highley polished:D

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell plates:

Scuffed the left side one already but the right is still ok :(

I need to get the rearset situation sorted and the new brake lines as im hating the rusty parts but a little at a time i guess

Russ

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Nice looking Carbon Fiber Heel Guards[8D] Man you have a rust problem with some of the hardware on your bike. I would get that taken care of very soon. Especially where the rear brake pedal connects to the master cylinder.[:0]

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i got parts on order (bolts, spring clips, odds n ends) but local kwaker stealer doesnt stock em so having to order as i need (too bloody expensive otherwise).
But as for the rear sets im not too fussed the rust is surface so its no structural yet but im getting either harris or gilles rearsets to replace all of it also got another shock spring on order (tighter spring to hold my weight) then its a case of waiting til summer ends then get the rest done including paint and powder coating ready for next season.

Russ

·
Registered
442 Posts
Start making your own stuff. the front fender and guards would be cakewalk [8D]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by inked out trucca
what company makes those seat cowls??
Pardon me for Jacking this thread.

Pyramid makes paint matched seat cowls. I have done business with Russell at Revs Performance twice, He's a very nice person and has excellent customer service. It will run you $230.00 plus shipping and handling. He is located in Atlanta. Galaxy Silver would be Part # 13710e for the 06 ZZR600. I know it says ZX6R 2000-2002, same bike man, you appear to be new to the bike and this site. Use the search, it really does work.

http://www.revsperformance.com/pyramid/pyramid_single_seat_cowls.htm#Kawasaki

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back again, christ barely had 6 days off in 6 weeks (busy bunny) got me air duct covers, tank guard and hugger so ill take pics tomorrow and put them up :)

Russ

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok heres the duct covers and i must say the pictures never do carbon fibre justice but heres a good go.

I am having a few problems with siezed bolts on the hugger so im having to drill them out so i will update pics of the hugger and tank pad once its done.

Just ordered a top yoke cover in carbon to replace the carbon look (which doesnt look anywhere near like the real stuff).

more to come, comments welcomed, good or bad.

Russ

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Where'd ya get the carbon yoke cover? I have been looking for one too, everyone tells me they are discontinued[:M74]

Also, seized bolts, when ya put new ones on, "never-seize" (**silver crap) them, as steel (any steel) and aluminum do not get along they react with each other seizing the bolts right up. Use it any place that steel touches aluminum.

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok all sorted got the old pyramid off and put the new pyramid on (old one will be on ebay at some point).

Looks alot nicer, just gotta sort out £110/$198 for a carbon 1 piece front mudguard which is not so bad but it should tie up nicely.

Jealous: ill have a look for never-sieze to put on the bolts in the next few days before they sieze again, thanks.

Russ

Edit: Sorry the yoke cover was another ebay purchase, fibre-lyte, ART and motrax made them.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.