Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I can honestly say in the last few months I have not had the chance to really get a good run on the bike due to either work, weather or personal commitment. Well that all changed today and I now know what I have been missing so far this season.

Where I live in the UK is predominantly flat but it has some of the best twisty roads in the country (in my opinion) as well as some nice sweepers and straights. I found a small 30 mile circuit last year and havent really had much practise on it, I decided to go see how the roads were as its mostly farmers roads and they are normally full of shit off the back of the lorries.

Well i must say i still have a grin a mile wide I just did the circuit twice (once afer the other) and its probably one of the sweetest set of roads i have ever ridden for quick, slow, tight, wide, balls out riding and i didnt get higher than 4th (on the limit) when i got home i checked the tyres (like i always do) and whereas you cant normally get a good run on roads due to traffic i had 2 perfect runs with the result of my chicken strips almost gone (couple of mm left) which aint bad going.

I doubt i will get another good ride like that for a while due to work but that will keep me grinning for a while at least :)

Enjoy ya riding and stay safe.

Russ

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott: Ideally you want to start it from Caister (just down road from me) going along the A149 past Ormesby then through Repps with Bastwick, Stalham, Potter Heigham heading to Cromer at the turning for Cromer you go past it heading to Norwich for a few miles more until you hit a roundabout which you go left heading back to Potter Heigham and Ludham. This is where the fun begins, Its either the start or its the middle as the majority of the roads you have covered make up part of the circuit (when you do it you will see why).

From here on in its the twisty section (whereas the road up to it is the sweepers and straights and few twisties) none of the roads should catch you out if you read them right but there are a few tight ones but with moderation on the power you can open it up as you hit the middle and lean the bike right over.

I have enclosed a highlighted map of the circuit and autoroute puts it at 20 miles (30 was starting from mine) i wouldnt go so far as to say its the nurburgring or the IoM TT but its a bloody good circuit.

If ya about today ill take ya down there for a good run if ya like?

Russ

·
Registered
87 Posts
russ you about this weekend? i have a few things to do but should have somefree time i hope as weather looks sunny and not too hot

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
sounds awesome! i'm in the same situation with work and previous commitments...i'm ashamed to say i'm falling pretty short on mileage this year...only about 2/3's of what i had last year at this time! out of curiosity, what is a lorrie? i can usually follow when you say something i haven't heard, but this one through me for a loop! is it a trailer of some sort?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Lorries are trucks. If I'm not mistaken it usually refers to larger trucks. Think Peterbuilt, not Chevy.

I'm a Yank though, so I could be wrong.

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hehe sorry i keep forgetting the extra translations. the above is correct

Sorry scott was offshore til this morning, cant do much at the moment the mrs is ill and jackets in the shop having me lettering done "DEATHACE" in Dainese font to match the leathers. Am due off again end of the week as its silly season (not many days off and shit loads working).

Russ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.