Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she is n longer pure!!
rolled it off the side stand, managed to slow the fall, but she hit :(

crash bung took most of the blow, slight mark on the front fork, and the bar end is totalled..

im gonna go cry now

sniff....

·
Banned
193 Posts
Sometime you can color over the dings with a black permanent marker. I saved my bar ends with those, cheap alternatives but hey it works..

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
its bung...lol...thats what they call frame sliders over there in lala land. :D
:Laughing rolling: his bike got "dunged" up then

sorry OP, no offence. hate it bout ur bike. i met a guy i know in the road the other day and stopped to talk to him. sitting there a few minutes, i moved my foot, just happened to set my foot down on some pea gravel, my foot slid out and i had to lay mike bike down. no damage tho, but peeps found out and gave me hell :rolleyes:

·
Registered
442 Posts
rolled it off the side stand....
i hate thekick stands...the slightest nudge forward can cause the sidestand to colapse back AND you have to park it on leveled surface No slope what so ever or the bike can roll foward and off the side stand!! I had to grind the stopper down alittle to try and prevent this and it helps but you can only grind down so much. Plus the kick stands are so dam long that if you are parked paralel to the slip, there is no way the bike will not fall over on the opposite side

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
yeah the 600 stand almost straight up stock

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
lmao, yesterday i was stupid and parked on a slight incline, when i was putting on my helmet the bike slide backwards a few inches, almost like it was mocking me! I was pretty lucky!

·
Registered
53 Posts
we all make stupid mistakes. i wonder if anyone here never droped/laid their bike.

i had mine on a rear stand and somehow i did not have the side stand ready. when i rolled off the read stand i dropped my bike. it was only two months old. i was lucky i had already frame sliders installed. it took the impact, sratched my left mirror and the passenger peg but the fairings were un-touched!

another stupid thing i did was when i was riding my cbr 600rr i went to eat in a restaurant and park in front of the window where everyone can see me. i was trying to be joe cool but when i get off the bike i did not have the stand ready, i was thinking i was dismounting from a bicycle... i fell and the bike was on top and pinned me!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
thats when u owen it.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
i dropped mine for the first time a couple weeks ago and i colored my bar ends with a sharpie:D i was pretty fortunate to have very minimal damage

·
Registered
192 Posts
as far as the bike rolling on slopes goes... do you guys not put the bike into first and roll it onto the gear?? I always do that so the bike can't roll...

Same thing with cars.. except they have a parking brake also.

·
Registered
61 Posts
as far as the bike rolling on slopes goes... do you guys not put the bike into first and roll it onto the gear?? I always do that so the bike can't roll...

Same thing with cars.. except they have a parking brake also.

Great point CSISAC, knowing my kick stand is longer than most other bikes, I always park in gear. Bike is super solid in first, especially if I am on an incline.

Sucks when you want to warm it up but, I would rather have the tranny assist in holding the bike than having it roll on me.

Sorry to hear about your bike man! We've all dropped them, at least your not injured, bike can always be fixed. I hung my fairing up in the garage and wrote on the fairing! :)

"Make sure the kick stand is down stupid"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts