Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thankfully it wasn't too bad... i was turning into the mall parking lot where they are doing a lot of construction and one of the mall buses blows through a stop sign and cuts me off. Ended up swerving into gravel where they had dug up the parking lot asphalt and went down on the left side. Was only going about 10mph so it wasn't bad but the stator cover and the vinyl graphics got all scratched up. Some scratches in the paint as well. My elbow hurts a little but that is about it. I guess it could have been a lot worse. Been riding for a bit over a year and this was my first time down :(

now for the pics:

damn gravel!!

stator cover sanded down

painted - used bronze wheel paint - color match is pretty good

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by smittyzx6r

+1 ...Did you get the plate # off the bus? Glad your ok
no, didn't get the plate number but I did register a complaint. There are only a couple of buses that run around the mall. The mall lady said she'd "look into it." I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by trig
Fack the mall lady, call the cops dude.

If someone's job is carrying around people in a stop sign running bus, something needs to be done. That's real messed up.
yeah it is, but honestly I didn't have the time or the patience to wait for the cops. If the damage was worse I probably would have called them. A witness who saw the bus run the stop sign did come over and give me his number in case I needed him to make a statement.

·
Registered
291 Posts
mall lady? uh, yeh, of course she's not gonna do shi, SHE WORKS FOR THE MALL - report it to the cops... the mall will pay your ass off

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
oooh, I can just hear that stator cover scratching. OUCH! Glad it wasn't worse. Defenitely report it!

strat

·
Registered
857 Posts
got any full pics of your bike with those decals id like to see it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, I'll call the cops tomorrow and see what they say.

oh and here's some pics of the bike w/ the decals. Not the best shots since it was dark but you get the point.

·
Registered
291 Posts
very nice - i like that ALOT... where'd you get them? local in arlington? i'll be there for thanksgiving visiting my mom...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by ben8jam
very nice - i like that ALOT... where'd you get them? local in arlington? i'll be there for thanksgiving visiting my mom...
actually I got it from this guy on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWA...ryZ35593QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i highly recommend him... he even whipped up some custom manufacturer decals to match the parts I have on my bike. I gave him the info on sunday evening and I received the decals monday afternoon!

and I'm not in arlington anymore, I moved to NY a couple months ago... guess I should update my profile.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
like the fix of the stator cover, how did you get the rims that color did you paint them or powder coat them

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by alor14582
like the fix of the stator cover, how did you get the rims that color did you paint them or powder coat them
I bought it like that. The previous owner had them powdercoated. I honestly don't really like them anymore as the gold doesn't really match well. I am probably going to swap them out for 05-06 wheels or at least repaint them in the spring.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.