Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You live on the east coast? Cause you couldn't ask for better weather right now in Arizona and Cali.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Perfect riding weather out since a long time. Only thing is, I know I've had too much to drink. Momentarily considered going out anyway. To bad I know better. What's the most you guys have had to drink before going out for a ride?

I hear the harley guys always talking about bar hopping on their bikes. SEEMS like the people with sports-type bikes know better. What have you found??

The weather's probably gonna suck tommorow!!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
one thing a bike requires that a car doesnt is BALANCE. its hard to be completely focused after even one drink. i'll stick to Sprite when i take the bike out for the night... :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Originally posted by onlooker

Perfect riding weather out since a long time. Only thing is, I know I've had too much to drink. Momentarily considered going out anyway. To bad I know better. What's the most you guys have had to drink before going out for a ride?

I hear the harley guys always talking about bar hopping on their bikes. SEEMS like the people with sports-type bikes know better. What have you found??

The weather's probably gonna suck tommorow!!!!
3 shots of Soco
2 shots of blackhaus
2 corona's

i know it's stupid to take the bike out, but i wasn't planning on drinking. I was just gonna meet up with my friends up at a bar to just say hi, then one of them bought me a shot of soco without asking me, so i had to drink it to be polite :), then after getting that first taste, i couldn't help myself anymore.

it was pretty late at night and i didnt' want to leave my bike the in the neighborhood that it was in. so i opted to ride it home, luckily it was straight city streets with no cars, since it was pretty late.

although i made it home in one piece, i wont' do it again, just for my safety's sake.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
yeah i had a beer once and then rode to work. i locked up the front wheel by accident at a stop sign. didn't fall or anything, but it was enough to convince me to never ever drink even one beer again. that and if i get a DWI i'm royally screwed.

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" -Mark Twain

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well in my town, I have thought about it several times, but never have. I have found out that the cops around here hate sportbikes, and won't hesitate to stop us for no reason whatsoever, so I wouldn't chance it. Not only for that reason though. You gotta think about your own safety and your precious bike as well. I couldn't imagine seeing her broken. [xx(]

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
501 Posts
When riding the bike I dont ever consider drinking any alcohol. I wont lie and say that i never drive after having a beer. When we (family) go out to eat (Ruby Tuesday, Lone Star, etc...) I will have one(1) Corona before the meal. Always have that one and only one beer before eating the juicy steak. After that is nothing but water or maybe a cold sweet tea. I think I am perfectly capable of driving my cage after one beer in a 2 hour span. Now when I was young and stupid..., that's another story!

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
321 Posts
Back in the day (early 80's)...I used to go on poker runs every Sunday, during the season. Was in a club back in Jersey with about 15 members. At the end site of the run, for $5 you could have all the beer you could drink! Plus there was some funny kind of tobacco we used to smoke. I don't think they have poker runs like that anymore? Only problem is after that you still gotta get home, anywhere from 40 to 100 miles. Don't know how I survived it, but we never had a crash on the way home. A few of us would go to church before each run. My guardian angel must have been watching. Maybe the worst thing about drinking...is that often you may think you are fine to drive/ride and you are far from it. Since the "lucky" days with the club I had to learn my lesson the hard way...Broken bones & broken bike [B)] Glad that's behind me [8D]

AL

You never know how fast you can go, until you crash.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
It's good to see we have a lot og good minded riders here.;) Hell after the post in general discusion about how to make people quit riding your ass, i was starting to wonder.:D

Go Green

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.