Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yea,this shiot really sux!!! Weather here is pretty nice but waaaaay tooo humid and hot to be sportin all the gear! I'll wait it out:(

·
Registered
36 Posts
diffently agree its to freaking hott out! 100+temps here suck!! i perfer nice 75-88degrees days lest they say a cold front is coming in so its spose to be 90 friday :-/

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
No pleasing some people :) try having shitty weather most of the year. We are experiencing some lovely weather recently early 90's for today which is cool. Unfortunately due to my leather jacket being in a shop having some lettering put on it so i cant go for a good ride so i will have to make do with leisurely ride with the Goretex/Cordura/D-Dry Jacket even if it is the wrong colour (old bike).

Russ

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
man this heat sucks! I work in a warehouse that is on average 100 degrees, and we've been working 10hr days..so that sucks. Hot as hell in there man! Make sure you are all drinking tons of water and be careful!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yea... I took the msf class in the blazin heat too,1/2 the people did'nt show up the next class day,funny though,it was all the girls who hung in there! All the ones that didn't come back were guys....

I work in a place like that too-100 yr old garage the size of an factory or hangar,real thick walls that hold the heat,no ventillation,I work on transit busses and heavy duty diesel,they come in off the street and they're cookin!!!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by tuffstuff07
try taking the msf class it was 95+ and we had to ride in long sleeves helmet and jeans and over the ankle boots
i took it in the exact opposite. it was about 45 out and raining all day. i thought i was going to fail because i couldn't feel my controls. i spent all day wearing my helmet, just to keep warm. we spent more time trying to warm the bikes up than we did riding! makes learning things extremely difficult when all you can focus on is trying to stay warm

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did a track day at fortana,ca a couple yrs ago @95-100 temps. They were 30 minute sessions but after 15-20 minutes I was toast. Started the session with a towel soaked in cooler ice water around my neck tucked in my leathers and it was dry by the time the 15 was over. I prefer 75-85 temps but 100+ is just too damn hot

·
Registered
823 Posts
[:Agree]

And this weekend is even hotter than last in So Cal. 104 yesterday![xx(] I bought a mesh riding jacket and tried it last Sunday and still got fried. Without the mesh jacket I probably would have turned around and went home after 30 minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.