Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy Shit if you dont watch any GP race Holy SHIT!!! Final Lap & Chicane HAYDEN/EDWARDS Duking it out then Edwards Highsides as Hayden rides thru the gravel.
Hayden-1st
Kawasaki-Shinya Nakano 2nd place...GO KAWI
Pedrosa-3rd
Stoner-4th
Roberts Jr-5th
Melandri-7th
Rossi-8th
Damn not much overall racing but in the end great stuff...

·
Registered
685 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS TO NAKANE WHO TOOK A WELL DESERVED 2ND place!!!!!!!!!

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
So when was this on, and what channel? Speed Channel's showing it tomorrow at like 3pm.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Watched the race yesterday and was major pissed that Edwards lost it in the second last corner. I really wanted him to get his first win.
Good on Nakano I think that second place will hopefully push Kawasaki to more top 5 finishes.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The channel would be Eurosport, and as the avatars as looking all are from europe..
Well i am in turkey but american.
The US coverage of anything WORLD based SPORTS pretty much sucks!
Going to miss being here next year for races..:(

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I couldn't believe what Colin did. I was looking forward to him finally winning a race, and then he threw it away. It was good to see Nicky win another race at last.

It was also really good to see Shinya do so well throughout the race.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
The main sponsor of the event caught me by suprise. A-style???
Never heard of them before.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I kinda hate to say this but Colin did deserve to lose the race.
He pretty much just rode to keep the others at bay with a 1.2-1.5 second lead, only to get caught.
But yet when he was 1.5 seconds back, 2 laps left he catches right backup...
So if he would of just rode a little harder he wouldnt of gotten himself in a SHIT STORM,in the 1st place...
Maybe next time he wont "Ride a comfortable Pace"

C

·
0 Posts
it's a mark for sport clothing from Italie.

it's forbidden to still use tabaco advertising around here. so they had too look elsewhere.

i'll see if i can find anything about it.;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Originally posted by ben6r
The main sponsor of the event caught me by suprise. A-style???
Never heard of them before.
D-Style would fit the logo a little better dont you think? ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
just saw it. great race. especially with rossi's performanc with a broken hand. nakano actually didnt f**k up this race! hell yeah! go kawi. keep it up.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Originally posted by rt.

I thought the same thing :D

I just got through watching the race. Damn! I wanted a fellow Texan to win so bad. Oh well. I hope this race gives him the push he needs to get better finishes.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
I kinda hate to say this but Colin did deserve to lose the race.
He pretty much just rode to keep the others at bay with a 1.2-1.5 second lead, only to get caught.
But yet when he was 1.5 seconds back, 2 laps left he catches right backup...
So if he would of just rode a little harder he wouldnt of gotten himself in a SHIT STORM,in the 1st place...
Maybe next time he wont "Ride a comfortable Pace"
It comes on here tommorrow at 3pm, I am really going to keep that in mind before I make my opinion of the race. Sounds pretty hot though!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Actually if Edwards rode any faster (no one but Hayden could keep up), Hayden would still have gotten on his tail anyway. I think Edwards coming back from being almost punted off by Hayden was simply a matter of "No guts, no glory" and simply going for all the marbles on his part. I actually don't understand why he ran off the track because he was all clear with Hayden in the gravel trap.

Definitely congrats to Kawi. I guess somebody on their team finally got it right this time around. Cannot wait for Donington next weekend!

·
Registered
306 Posts
it was a great race, go hayden, him being so consistent this year is why he (hopefully) will win the championship, rossi- what can you say he's the doctor for a reason, and it was great to see nakano runnin at the front, hopefully this will be the boost of confidence to jump start his season, and maybe light a fire under kawi's ass.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Is it just me, or does the A-style logo look exactly like stick figures fucking doggie style?

Finally saw the race on Sunday when NascarTV decided to get off it's ass and show some real sports...they had F1 and motorcycle racing most of the day. I was impressed. Very exciting end of the race. Anyone catch Hayden's tire kicking out from him when he passed Edwards near the end of the last lap? Right before he hit the curbing after the apex before the chicane, the rear spat out a bit with the front floating a few inches under power, and it looked like the whole bike hopped about 2" off the ground then came back down with a pretty hard wiggle. That's what made him run wide in the chicane, cutting hard to get back on line, which pushed him into the gravel, and pushed Edwards into a tighter line that screwed up his setup for the left hander at the chicane end, which caused him to slide it into the gravel under power and buck the ass end, which kicked him off the bike.
Craziness.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
for a while I thought maybe Rossi was just messing with everybodys heads, half way expected to see him start blowing by everyone near the end. I guess he's not Superman afterall.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Originally posted by rt.

Thats what I thought cheeky stick figures.[:I]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.