Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went for a ride around my neighborhood tonight, gasp, without my helmet! (oh no here come the flames [8)] )and holy crap do you really hear the buzzing! Comes from the front end obviously right by the triple tree somewhere.

you really hear it the higher the rpms get.

i used to think it was my keychain/keys when i wore my helmet since the sound is muffled, and only heard it get louder as the rpms went up.... but now i only had the bike key in and no helmet and you really hear it.

so whats the deal... ive read this is a "kawi thing" but theres gotta be something we can check/fix/do ??

·
Registered
602 Posts
for that particular issue go do it again with your finger holding the clutch lever still.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by adamJ
for that particular issue go do it again with your finger holding the clutch lever still.
i was aware of that problem... but didnt really think of it tonight. Im gonna try again tomorrow but i have a feeling thats not the problem i was hearing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Riding without a helmet,l've done it just around the block and i gotta say...i like it. I would do it on a serious ride but i like'd it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Redbaron
Riding without a helmet,l've done it just around the block and i gotta say...i like it. I would do it on a serious ride but i like'd it.
i dont. like i said, this was just around the block and not once have i ever riden without one or would do so any further from my neighboorhood...

but i didnt like it. Wind in the eyes (even with my glasses on).. bugs in the face, dirt, watery eyes, flappy face (no im not fat lol)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Stylin... I've got the same damn buzz and its driving me nuts. And like you said, its not the clutch lever. This is something else, and its INTENSE. I've heard that the ignition switch on our bikes is what makes all the noise, but i don't think its that either... If you have any luck finding out what it is, PLEASE make a post so we can all get rid of it!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Greenvetter
Have you guys tried putting your hand on your windscreen to see if that could be it?
definetly not that... its a very distinctive buzzing that gets louder with more rpms.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 06 636 and mine makes the same noise, I went from a 95 zx6 to the 636 about 3 months ago and i almost took it back to the dealer to see if that noise was normal when i ran into some other 636r's and they have the same noise???? Don't know what it is though. Almost sounds like timing chain???

·
Registered
812 Posts
This might sound funny, or too stupid but, the most common causes of that kind of noise are:
1- your keychain
2- cheap aftermarket lever(s)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My bike buzzes too. I figured out that it was my one headlight. When I'm at idle I can hear it, so one day I but a little pressure on my headlight and the buzzing went away, but of course as soon as I let off the buzzing comes back. So maybe we're talking about the same buzzing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine does between maybe 7000 and 11000 revs- gradually got worse and worse. Havent found it yet. Not the clutch lever- she's loose, but I've got a bad habit of riding with 2 fingers on the clutch in traffic. Pissing me off though

·
Registered
5 Posts
I never did fix it. It doesnt bug me that much, and i'm glad it's nothing major. If anyone does figure out how to stop the headlight buzzing let us know. thanks!

·
Registered
975 Posts
That's the sound of power baby!!! j/k. I've never really noticed it though but I'll do that clutch leaver trick just to makes ure I don't get it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.