Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

last saturday i did a terrible wobble at 75 miles per hour, so now i want to purchase a damper!

Which one u guys suggest me

Hyperpro
Ohlin
Scott
Other???

And if u know agood place to buy them let me know as well please!

Thank you

·
Registered
394 Posts
I got the Toby. Its made very well, works very well, looks pretty damn good.
I cant compare it with any other brands cause i've never used them before. I can tell you it looks way cooler than the ohlins.
P.S. Toby make dampers primarily for racing so I guesse they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You should try searching first.

I've got a Hyperpro. Makes the bike feel planted. I still get headshakes but the bike doesn't feel twitchy anymore. Build quality is excellent. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i got my suspension tuned, and havent had a problem since, i dont do any high speed wheelies yet, but i can hold off on getting a damper till later, plus its a lot cheaper this way

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would sell my kidney if I had to do it to get a damper, its just that much better

·
Registered
950 Posts
+1 on the damper. I have the GPR and I like it, mostly for the looks as it's not gawdy, but also the install is super easy. I like it better than any of the piston styles for a looks standpoint. Works well and eliminated my shakes, easy to adjust on the fly, and GPR is a great customer service company to deal with.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I can't wait to get a dampner, I want one in gold. Looks good though...

--Anthony

·
Registered
927 Posts
Scotts I hear is really good, accept for drilling to into the frame part, but if it works who cares..Plus u can use it on other bikes if you decide to switch bikes

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by greenreeper05
Scotts I hear is really good, accept for drilling to into the frame part, but if it works who cares..Plus u can use it on other bikes if you decide to switch bikes
I've also heard good think about Scotts. Plus, Scotts is pretty much Ohlins, anyway. But I don't feel good about having to drill into my frame. That is the only thing that is keeping me away from it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I also think there is a Group Buy in the ZX-10R section open for every bike.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Love my Hyper-pro, god knows without it i would be getting some serious shaking in that upper 1st and into 2nd range..

When the bike is pinned Wide Open and accelerating the shift in 2nd is like BAM! and some head shake, also a little into 3rd, then again i am riding it as hard as i possibly can, and maybe my big size 12boot is disturbing the chassis?
Here is a PIC

·
Registered
950 Posts
Originally posted by TonyZZ
Hi,

last saturday i did a terrible wobble at 75 miles per hour, so now i want to purchase a damper!
You know, it didn't occur to me until just now.... the wobble may be a syptom of something else. Check your tires, pressure, suspension, etc. while you're working through this process. The damper may "cover up" the wobble, but if it's a problem with something else, it'll rear it's ugly head again down the road. Maybe at a very bad time with very bad results. Get the damper, but check the whole bike over for anything else that could be causing this!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by TonyZZ
Hi,

Which one u guys suggest me

Hyperpro
Ohlin
Scott
Other???

And if u know agood place to buy them let me know as well please!

Thank you
GPR is your friend..I say again....GPR!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.