Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Scotts damper and Ti exhaust hanger from Dan Kyle racing. The damper installation went OK, but the Ti exhaust hanger doesn't work w/ the stock pipe. The clamp will not line up w/ the hanger and it's welded to the pipe so you can't move it. I guess aftermarket pipes all have "moveable" hangers so w/ them, it's not a problem. Anyone have a solution to this problem? Has anybody "removed" the welds holding the stock clamp to the pipe? Dan Kyle racing wasn't much help - just said they didn't know it was a problem and to send it back. I'd love to use the hanger but I can't afford an aftermarket system right now...

On an other note - for the Scotts damper installation - I'd read that getting the key in was a problem w/ this setup. My key will go in fine (tilted) but the problem comes when I turn on the ignition - the key is wedged against the damper when the ignition is on. This CAN'T be a good thing. I'm planning on just filing down my key to solve the problem. Isn't this a design problem that should have been addressed!

I'm not a happy customer at this point...

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I didn't have to make any modifications at all to get the key to fit in my bike. It's a close call for sure, but no problems otherwise. If you've got a few miles on your bike you might want to spray some WD-40 in there. It helps to do that every now and again.

I've yet to purchase an exhaust hanger so I can't comment on that. I'm sure you could weld a new location on the pipe if you have the tools.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
That's crazy. I know this doesn't answer anything but I bought my Arata system and power commander from Dan and his customer service skills were great.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not saying the customer service is bad - no problems there - I just think they should have figured out the bracket doesn't work w/ the stock pipe and noted that in their catalog. That would have saved me some time and effort.

And of course Dan Kyle doesn't have anything to do w/ the damper problem - that's something Scotts designed.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by RidgeRider
I'm not saying the customer service is bad - no problems there - I just think they should have figured out the bracket doesn't work w/ the stock pipe and noted that in their catalog. That would have saved me some time and effort.

And of course Dan Kyle doesn't have anything to do w/ the damper problem - that's something Scotts designed.
The majority of people who buy the hanger are looking for weight savings on top of the 2-15 lbs saved by a slipon or full system, the hanger alone might save 8 ounces at most, so other than looking slightly better than stock it doesn't do much. Someone wouldn't measure it with the stock exhaust canister due to this. IMHO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.