Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of u guys been down to Daytona for Bike Week? I want to check it out but all the stuff I've found on the net focuses on the Harley aspect. Is it a good time down there with a streetbike? I want to go down there but not if its just a Hell's Angels meet (no offense to the Hell's Angels, in case any of them read this) Thanx

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
hahaha..i doubt a hell's angel would hang out on a crotch rocket forum

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Both Ash and Rob Lee have posted on this about a month ago. I forgot what the thread was though. They're pretty strick on writing tickets from what I hear...Do your homework, and if you do go, post some good pics;)

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
From what I've read, while it used to be a cruiser/harley only type thing years ago, it is now much more open to any type of bikes.
You're still going to have harleys sticking together, and sportbikes sticking together, etc... but your not seen as a freak if you go on a sportbike these days.

Same goes for the "Friday the 13th" at Port Dover here in Ontario, used to be all cruisers, but the last 2 times I went, was maybe 15% sportbikes.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I'm going for the first time this year. If it is anything like Sturgis it is a spectacle. I went to Sturgis in 2001 on my old ZX-6R and nobody gave me a hard time. From what I hear there is a bigger sportbike presence at Daytona.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Well, just a bit of history...Bike week started in 1954 by the roadracing...it was the championship race weekend which then turned into the Daytona 200....so it actually started as a sport bike thing, turned Harley thing...and now I'd say its pretty much 60/40...still Harley contaminated but the sport bikes are doing a damn fine job of takeing over...YEAH BABY!!!:D
Its a good time, just be sure your girlfriend or wife doesn't show her tatas...its an expensive fine and could be actual jail time...:::cough cough:::...not talking from experience or anything....hehe

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Its a good time, just be sure your girlfriend or wife doesn't show her tatas...its an expensive fine and could be actual jail time...:::cough cough:::...not talking from experience or anything....hehe
Thats why you need to hold these things up here, its perfectly legal for a girl to show here "tatas" in Ontario [8D]

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You get quite the response Ash, next time I'll email u with a question and u could post it for me, that would get me about....1000 replies. Thanks for edumicating me a little.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.