Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for ways to keep riding even though the temp in north east U.S. is dropping. I already ordered new tour master polar tec gloves, full under armor including hood, and armored leather pants that I needed anyway. I think a double bubble windshield would really help since it would deflect more wind higher up so I don't have to be constantly down on the tank for my 300 mile round trip back and forth to school every few weeks. Do you guys have any suggestions for me on what brand? I'm looking at Zero Gravity and Puig from Bikebandit.com. Do you guys have picks with these screens on? Any others I should be looking into?

Also, any cold weather advise would be good to know

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
zero gravity DB is what i had. puig is ok too but i wasnt a fan of the design. i suggest a light smoke if you do night riding but i had a dark smoke and never needed to duck behind it on the street.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heated vest, heated grips would be an asset.

Yeah if the gloves just don't cut it next time I head home i'll pick up some heated grips for the ride back up. I plan on riding until the first snow and that can range from thanksgiving to January. Just don't want to stop.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah if the gloves just don't cut it next time I head home i'll pick up some heated grips for the ride back up. I plan on riding until the first snow and that can range from thanksgiving to January. Just don't want to stop.
I'd do the same but the first snow in Buffalo is supposed to be tomorrow night. (Not really just a rain/snow mix but you get the point) - Anyways as of yet I usually cut off my riding at around 50F - Funny thing is today it was up to 60 and a day later the low will be 32. Depending on where in the Northeast you are (from the sounds I'd say around NYC) it shouldn't be too hard to ride until Thanksgiving with regular gear so heated stuff and real leathers should keep you going for a while

1 - 7 of 7 Posts