Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my HID Kit and both bulbs can in the same box without any labels. How do I tell which one is the H9 and which is the H11?? I'm staring at the bulbs side by side and they look identical as well as all the connectors with it.

Hopefully I hear back so I can install these bad boys.

Thanks in advance

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking at the bulbs they both look like single filament. Guess they screwed up my order. Is the single filament the H9 or H11? And I assume by filament you mean the number of wires connected at the bottom of the bulb

· Registered
59 Posts
The same thing happened to me 5 days ago! I ordered h9 and h11 kit and the boxes are marked h8,h9,h11. After speaking to them they said all of the bulbs are the same the h9 fits in h11 and vice versa. After hearing that I was kind of upset because then I could have just bought one kit instead of two.

In addition to this, the package was shipped from China and the ballasts had cosmetic damage to them. The box looked like an acordian and the product was poorly packaged. The bulbs came in these white boxes with hand writing that said 6000k but stamped saying h8/h9/h11. The balasts were just thrown into the box and was protected by another piece of corugated cardboard ontop of everything. I havent mounted them yet but we will see how it goes.

Since your box said h8/h9/h11 did the bulbs fit properly in high beam and low beam even though they were "universal"???

· Hooligan
1,704 Posts
The same thing happened to me 5 days ago! I ordered h9 and h11 kit and the boxes are marked h8,h9,h11. After speaking to them they said all of the bulbs are the same the h9 fits in h11 and vice versa. After hearing that I was kind of upset because then I could have just bought one kit instead of two.

In addition to this, the package was shipped from China and the ballasts had cosmetic damage to them. The box looked like an acordian and the product was poorly packaged. The bulbs came in these white boxes with hand writing that said 6000k but stamped saying h8/h9/h11. The balasts were just thrown into the box and was protected by another piece of corugated cardboard ontop of everything. I havent mounted them yet but we will see how it goes.

Since your box said h8/h9/h11 did the bulbs fit properly in high beam and low beam even though they were "universal"???
doesnt sound like u ordered from ddm :p

and 6000k has no relevance on the type of bulb.... h9, h11 etc

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
actually the packaging sounds exactly like how I received them. I got 3 white boxes from them, 2 which contained the ballasts and 1 which contained 2 bulbs. I had all my connections and had to flip both of my connectors to the bike. They both installed and worked but I didn't have a chance to adjust the height of the beam yesterday cause i finished so late. I'm gonna give DDM a call later and see what they say.

· Registered
59 Posts
Oh trust me it is from DDM! I was expecting something from california but it came from China, upon asking ddm they confirmed. The package came from "Liu Cui Ying" from the city of "Xinghua" China using EMS postage from China post.

Nothing in the box or on the outside said it was from DDM aside from the ballasts. The point I made was that the boxes came with a stamp saying h8/h9/h11 and then on one box it was written 6000k like someone actually wrote it. So aisde from that each box is the same with no distinction as to what white box inside was meant for H9 versus H11.

Perhaps DDM is just outsourcing their product from a cheaper supplier.

· Registered
59 Posts
Ya pretty much lol...before ordering my purchase I was talking to Slev about mounting and how he ordered from DDM all of which very helpful. So I got a tracking number and in the email for order confirmation it says they use USPS International Priority shipping. However, when I input that tracking number into the USPS website it said no results found. So I called DDM and then they said check canada post so I did and it was then tracked. When it said country of origin international I was skeptical because DDM is located in california so one would only assume it would be coming from there.

· Registered
604 Posts
How long did the lights take to get to you once shipped? Mine shipped over a week ago. As for the bulbs halogen bulbs have different designations based on the filiment and mount. You can have two different bulbs that have the same mount but have different bulb filiments. That's why one HID bulb and adpter work for multiple halogen bulb types.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.