Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Followed this guide:

Ddm tuning HID kit install 05 636 : Kawasaki ZX Forums: Kawasaki Ninja Forum

The guide and installation was fairly simple. Took me about 30-45 minutes. Aside from if there is anything I did wrong and should fix, I was disappointed in the HID KIT I received. The bulbs look like they were not new, had black stuff over it and have yellowish,brown stains on the bulb. I managed to take the black stuff off but left the stains, did not want to damage the bulbs by doing something stupid. I figured I would install the kit anyways, and to my disappointment, the low beam headlight is not working. However, high beam side is working.

Overview:
Bulbs are in the correct way.
Wires are in the correct way, black on black, red with blue.
Ballast connections are properly connected, only goes one way.

Although this has nothing to do with my problem, I read somewhere that you should change 10 AMP fuse to 25 AMP. Does anyone with DDM hid kits do this?

·
Registered
684 Posts
did you get 35W or 55W?

I have 35W kits on both my bikes, no issues, on either. and my bulbs looked brand spankin' new, so I don't know why yours were like that.

Not sure what type of wiring harness comes with/for your 05 636, but I would check all your connections and ground wire.

Since the Hi beam ballast is working, I would swap it out and see if you have a f'ed up ballast.

and for the 35W HIDs I haven't swapped out the fuses, don't need to. 55W, well, the fuse would be the least of your worries, and I don't know if I would bump it up that high.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
35W.

Switched the high beam to the low beam side, and it works. So it must be the bulb. After I took out the low beam side, the bulb looks messed up. Has orange crap all over the center. Definitely defective bulb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts