Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hooligan
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as of recently been having an issue with my highbeam

both of my ballasts are ddm 55w
low beam works perfect, my high beam just shut off the other day and wont turn on

switched ballasts, and bulbs, it works - onto the lowbeam side
switched to stock bulbs, it works

so neither of the ballasts work on the high beam - but factory works fine

anyone else have similar issues with the 55w ?
maybe its drawing too much ?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Check the connections and 12v going into the ballast with a DMM. That will help you narrow it down.

If 12v is going into the ballast, the ballast works on the other side of the bike, AND the bulb works on the other side, then that only leaves the wiring on the output side ballast or the bulb connector.

BTW make sure you are only using the DMM to test the DC wiring BEFORE the ballast. Nasty voltage on the other side!

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Check the connections and 12v going into the ballast with a DMM. That will help you narrow it down.

If 12v is going into the ballast, the ballast works on the other side of the bike, AND the bulb works on the other side, then that only leaves the wiring on the output side ballast or the bulb connector.

BTW make sure you are only using the DMM to test the DC wiring BEFORE the ballast. Nasty voltage on the other side!
So What you're saying is check the DDM with a DMM ASAP, but don't check the output or you'll be FUBAR?

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Grrrrr

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,553 Posts
I had some problems with my low beam not firing when I started the bike.

I changed bulbs (the other one actually still worked, but I had extras) and that seemed to fix it. but I think it was just a shitty connection somewhere. :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts