Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assembled cognoscenti
I just pulled my 09 250R out for its annual start. It is stored in a heat garage, covered, on a paddock stand, with a new battery. Well then, I started it, as normal. It had been sitting for about a year, so it was a bit cold brooded, but started w/ full choke. Ran for about 5 minutes at a very slow idle. Died, and restarted. Ran briefly and then died completely. No lights, no idiot lights, no starter, nothing. As if the battery was removed. I did the normal checks, battery at 12.85 volts, all fuses good (checked with ohm meter), side stand and clutch lever safety switches appear in good shape. I'm at that WTF moment. Any suggestions? I'm not real good with electrical stuff so please use small words. Thanks in advance

Rich Kuechenmeister
Oviedo, FL USA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rectifier. Recently come off a varadero that did the same thing. Replaced and problem went away

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rectifier. Recently come off a varadero that did the same thing. Replaced and problem went away
Thank you! I went to the rectifier and did some diagnostics. Diodes appear shot. New rectifier is in-bound. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts