Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out of the blue my bike will not hold a charge over night??? i charged it for 3-4 hr, and to day it could not even start??? any ideas???[xx(]

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Two things...
How old is the bike/battery?
Did you check the battery connections to make sure that they are tight?

And a third thing, if its the older type, make sure the acid level is at the proper height.

BC.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You may need to replace the battery.

You can test the battery with a voltmeter. After charging it to a 12.6+ V terminal voltage, wait 30 minutes, and then remeasure the terminal voltage.

• If the terminal voltage is 12.6 V or higher, the battery is good.
  • If it is between 12.0 and 12.6 V, the charge is insufficient. Recharge the battery.
  • If it is 12.0 V or lower, the battery is unserviceable. Replace the battery.

If the battery is good, you can get the most out of it by using a battery tender.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Is it a common thing with these bikes to have to charge the battery often? I have been teaching my friend to ride on my 02 and he stalls alot which keeps killing the battery. It will charge up some when I ride it up to about 12.5 but when his lesson comes around again (alot of first gear stopping and starting) he will stall it and kill the battery again. This just became an isssue scince I have been showing this jackass how to ride. Normal?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.