Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to get my Zx6R to redline (either in neutral or while driving) my throttle does not respond and sometime actually the RPMs decrease from the throttle position 75% to Wide Open. Any Ideas? I have a full Yosh RS5 exhaust and a PCIII. No FI Light. Also When I'm on the interstate in 6th gear I can only top out at 115 mph because of the limit of the throttle. PLEASE HELP.

·
Registered
317 Posts
what kind of noise. what does it sound like. pull your plugs look at them replace if need. If they check out they should be alike brown in a way. check gap and cap. no fi light no stuck stick. Low fuel pressure. clooged filter. Incorrect fuel, throu some race fuel in it lol. it does sound like fuel related. it maybe a cracksenser. but thats a fi light related. NO fi light means no senser gone. Go with checking plugs and caps with gaps. change your fuel filter check lines for pinched and your plug wires. sound too much take it in..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds normal up to the 75% position then the exhaust sounds muffled. Like if you were screaming and someone puts a pillow over your face. Also there is definately a drop in RPMs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
make sure the correct map is installed in ur powercommander. if it still does it, take the power commander out and see if it still hs the same problem when u are taking out the pc make sure all the vacuum hoses are connected and none of them are hangin loose and whatnot

·
Registered
7 Posts
oh i orgot to mention. do u still have the flapper servo motor in there? it soundsl ike it could be stuck halfway not letting the exhaust flow correclty. check on that too. do a search o the board to see how to modify it when u get a full exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I installed the servo modifier parts that came with the exhaust, so there are no more valves in the exhaust. Also, I tried using the zero map and two other maps and no change at that throttle position. I guess I'll pull out the PC, check the air filter, fuel filter, and plugs see if I can see anything out the ordinary. Quick question though, wouldn't the FI light come on if the PC was installed incorrectly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts