Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just got back from Jacksonville Powersports and i wanted to give a ripoff report about them... i was going to pay $4000 cash for a 2008 Ninja 250r and they wouldn't take it!!! they said they wanted $5300 for it and maybe they would lower it to $5000... what the F is that????? i'll be putting a deposit on a '09 at another dealer i guess :mad:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Welcome to the world of supply and demand! You are not the first and you will not be the last. The dealerships will charge whatever the fuck they feel like because they know they can and someone will pay that price. If not you, the next person.

·
Registered
174 Posts
hey guys i just got back from Jacksonville Powersports and i wanted to give a ripoff report about them... i was going to pay $4000 cash for a 2008 Ninja 250r and they wouldn't take it!!! they said they wanted $5300 for it and maybe they would lower it to $5000... what the F is that????? i'll be putting a deposit on a '09 at another dealer i guess :mad:
That's just plain bad. Every bike shop in Florida I've checked with have jacked the price up, some more than others. There is a point that a buyer has to say...no way. Personally my limit was $4600 out the door and I got one for that. I don't consider it a bargain, but I can live with it.
Several dealers wanted around $5000 as best price. If you can't get a fair price on the 250, there are many other great bikes out there both new and used. One last comment is what really pisses me off is the dealers won't admit they are jacking up the price. They'll tell you that is because of shipping fees, dealer prep and other BS.
Good Luck, Bill

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm

hmmm i think i'm gonna talk to another dealer i know of that's in georgia.. he said to me before that he was going to get some '09s in september... i might get a lot better price tag if i get one from him... i think i might offer him the entire $4000 up front and to just call me when the bike comes in ^_^

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that bike looks great i wanted an Area P exhaust too but i'm against the green color >_< otherwise i would buy it in a split second... how much does it cost to paint a 250r? hehe

·
Registered
836 Posts
that bike looks great i wanted an Area P exhaust too but i'm against the green color >_< otherwise i would buy it in a split second... how much does it cost to paint a 250r? hehe

My wife was against green too, she wanted a black one. Then she seen all the colors side by side at the dealer(600r's) & she wanted a green one..... Just warmed my heart :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I found a bike for sale about 3 weeks ago. OTD price was a little over 5200. That's a 50% mark-up kiddos. So, I told them to go F**k themselves, the lousy B*$%&^ds, and am waiting for an '09. It sure does suck though.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I found a bike for sale about 3 weeks ago. OTD price was a little over 5200. That's a 50% mark-up kiddos. So, I told them to go F**k themselves, the lousy B*$%&^ds, and am waiting for an '09. It sure does suck though.
Heard the 09's are gonna be double MSRP! :Infrandom:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i wrote the guy who had the green one for sale... i sat on a green 250r today and i wasn't too impressed by the color >_< i might end up having the next white 250r on the forums haha

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heh i just decided to call that guy right now... i am definately going to be getting that bike ^_^ thanks a lot guys for hooking me up with the link i really appreciate it ^_^

·
Registered
75 Posts
Heard the 09's are gonna be double MSRP! :Infrandom:
There's no "heard" about it, just fact. Kawasaki has to fund their research in the bovine-racing industry, MSRP IS doubling, but only for the 250r. Their other bikes are decreasing by 50%, and their atvs are going to be given away.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i got mine for 4200 out the door from us1 powersports in st. augustine fl.
Looks like a good score...Depending on when you bought it. Prices have been rising every month. If you got in the last few days, that's the best price I've seen in Florida. If you bought it a few months ago, that was a typical Florida market price.
In any case enjoy the bike. I'm very satisfied with mine.
Bill

1 - 20 of 36 Posts