Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Deal's Gap accomodations

• http://smokymtncabins.com "Amazing View" sleeps 18. $1520 total, $85 for 18 people, $76 for 20.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • http://smokymtncabins.com "Castle in the Sky" sleeps 18. $1520 total, $85 for 18 people, $76 for 20.

• http://smokymtncabins.com "Mountain Ayre" sleeps 22. $1520 total, $85 for 18 people, $76 for 20.

• http://www.sugarmaplecabins.com/cabin.asp?property_id=123 sleeps 20. $1210. $67 for 18, $60 for 20

• http://www.cabinfevervacations.com/cabin_tours-cabin_detail.php?cid=239&size=5 sleeps 20. $925. $51

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, here are the choices for accomodations for our trips. If you don't like these, or have a better idea, tough shit, I don't want to hear it. ;)

Each choice has listed with it:
1) How many people it sleeps in beds, not counting floor monkeys.
2)The price it will cost us from May 14-17 for the three night stay. 3) That price divided by 18 people, and that price divided by 20 people.
4) The website it can be found at.

By the way, all but one of these is non-smoking, but I don't know who smokes, and who doesn't, and we can always smoke outside, so I didn't use smoking as a factor. I also put in my .02 cents for each, since I was the one who stared at these damned things for hours, checking rates, pictures, and what-not.

Ok, for the first three, you will have to go to the website, and then click on the appropriate picture. It doesn't have direct links to each cabin, sorry. When you get to the website's home page, in the left hand column, click on 5-8 bedroom cabins, and then scroll down until you find the right cabin. If anyone has a question, post it here or PM me. DO NOT EMAIL ME. I am busy with finals coming up in a few weeks, and barely have time to come here every night. Allright, let's rock.

This just in, I finally got someone on the phone at Smokymtncabins, and the guy I talked to said that the parking at Mountain Ayre would be the best for us. It doesn't have any games though, so it would be a trade-off. Parking at Castle in the sky is decent, plus it has games, so to each his own. Also, the first four cabins are in Pigeon Forge, the last one is in Gatlinburg.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The last choice got cut off since it's so freakin long. Here's the rest: sleeps 20. $925 for all three nights, which is $51 a person for 18 people, and $46 for 20 people.

IMHO, the last one has the best deal, the third one looks like the best parking, and the fourth one is also a good deal since it costs the same as the first two, but with room for 4 more people.

Goddamn it, the poll cut off the smokymtncabin.com descriptions:(:(:(
I'll post up the prices again, along with the name of each.

Since you can't click on the links, just copy and paste them into your adress bar.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I'll go with the cheapest. I could care less if we slept in a shack. I think we'll be too damn tired or drunk to even care.:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
DAMN ALL ARE PRETTY NICE.. BUT AMAZING VIEW SEEMS BE U TI FUL[}:)] HOPE SOMEONES BRINGING THE DJ....LET ME ASK YOU GUYS ...WHO'S RIDING DOWN TO THE GAP FROM UP THIS WAY NORTHEAST---OR ARE YOU GUYS FROM NY-PA ALL UP NORTH TOWING DOWN--I'M DOWN WITH RIDING DOWN--OR EITHER WAY TOWING IS COOL TO--BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO RIDE DOWN..

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I voted.
I'm riding. I don't know anyone yet except Ash that's going to tow it up.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't really care where I stay. I've spent weeks sleeping in the dirt with two of us cramed in a tent big enough for one person. So as long as I have a place that is dry I'm happy. I think that parking and security of the bikes is more important to me then having a big screen tv and a hot tub (although they are nice). I think that the Mountain Ayre would be the better choice. It sleeps more people comfortably then the others and it has enough room that if there where more people to show up it wouldn't be any problem.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are all roughly a 45 minute ride from Deal's Gap. It's a nice, scenic ride, gets you loose and warmed up for the good stuff.:D

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Trust me, all the roads in the vicinity of the Dragon are awesome! I'll probably spoon on some Michelin Macadams for the ride down and purchase a set of M2's locally and wear them out over the weekend.:D

Insofar as accomadations are concerned - I'll sleep wherever - I'll sleep under the stars - it doesn't matter.

If anyone up around Michigan wants to ride the bike down there with me send me a note. I figure it's a day's ride down there - I won't stop but for food and toilet. If you think you can handle that as well as some rapid riding send me a note!

No promises, I'd really like to go but I'll have to see how the spring semester weighs in where exams are concerned - can't skip much of this pre medicine stuff!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My spring semester ends like a week before we go. The perfect end to a long, stressful college semester; Beer and Bike vacation!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
STRONGBAD!!!!
That's what I'm talking about! Surely you can bring your books along and study while we party:D. We'll be on our best behavior.

I'm getting excited....where's that damn dancin' banana when you need it?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Dooooooood - I'll have to bring my own LaBatt's with me since I've noticed the availabilty of good beer becomes more scarce the farther south one goes. Otherwise I'll just drink the Jaeg - oh and I'll bring a box of rubbers or something to contribute for the ladies;)

·
Registered
650 Posts
HEY, I'm as far south as we go and WE have LABATT BLUE at the bar!!!! For all the cheap ass Canadian....(no offence).....

if you're gonna go with M2s might as well go ALL the way and hook yourself up with some S2sssssss........can you handle it?!?!? WOOOHOOOO....we're gonna have a freakin blast!!! Sounds like strongbad will have more rubber on his winky then his wheels...hehehe good job!!! ;)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I don't the softer tire for street riding 'cause they tend to let go with a lot less warning than the medium compound.

As for rubbers, you can never get enough of that - expensive too - but then again so are kids!

·
Registered
52 Posts
HEEEEEEYYYYYYYY..........

there's nothing wrong with going Raw Dog baby. saves money that should be spent on another type of six pack... Hmmmmmmmmmm 6pack of hoods or six pack BEER..... i go with the booze [}:)]

·
Registered
650 Posts
Strong Bads right...kids are expensive, and messy, and loud, and a HUGE pain in the ass.....a nice dinner at a table close to a screaming kid is birth control enough for me!!! But always better to be safe then sorry...the pill works just fine for me ;) but then again....it doesn't save ya from those nasty diseases that are going around...but you guys wouldn't be carrying any of those...RIGHT?!??! HAHAHA

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.