Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going on a trip to Deal's Gap for the first time (finally) with a few buddies on labor day weekend. If anyone is gonna be there or wants to meet up with us there, let me know, you're more than welcome. We plan on pulling into Gatlinburg Tn. Saturday night, riding into Deal's Gap Sunday and staying all day, and going back to Gatlinburg Sunday night then leaving on Monday.

Sorry I didn't post this in the events and rides section, I just figured it would get more play in General Discussion.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I live in Dalton Ga( twenty minutes from the GA/TN line) and I would love to grab some buddies and meet up! Email me the details, let me know where your staying and we might come up and get a place too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've heard that the cops are really cracking down on the motorcycles down at Deals Gap. One guy told me that if they catch you speeding now with another bike riding with you that they write you up for racing. I think that's an automatic 6 points on the license so watch your ass down there. Looks like a blast though!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warning. From what I've heard though, getting out of second gear is damn near impossible, so I don't see how anyone can speed.

dman - I don't know any details yet, just that we are getting a hotel in Gatlinburg to stay in at night, and we are riding all day Sunday. When I find out where we are staying, I'll definitely let you know. Just to warn you, the guys I'm going with are big partiers, so sleep won't be happening at all that weekend.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have been to the Dragon three times now and the cops are no worse than they are any where else. It's not like you can go the speed of light up this thing, there are some curves that will eat you alive if your going more than 35 mph. It's only like an hour and a half from me so I am always up for the ride.

TommyV Just make sure you and your boys are suited up(full leathers) for the ride.:D

·
Registered
999 Posts
Have fun with the cops. Was there last year for labor day. There is only a few spots they can sit and clock you, but they drive in cars and bust you for passing. On the little straight away you can hit over 100mph so just watch for cops.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warnings guys. We plan on making several runs through the Dragon, so the first run on, I'll be on the lookout for cops and where they sit so when we come back, we'll slow down where the cops are. Wish there was a track near me where I could ride fast without fear of getting busted.:(

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dman, I just talked to the guy who is organizing this thing, and we are riding down on this coming Saturday, and staying in Gatlinburg somewhere near light #10. We're gonna ride all day Sunday, and then come back home on Labor Day. Let me know if you want to meet up down there somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.