Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm on vacation for a few weeks. Was going to go to Cali but I don't trust my car and I don't feel like flying there. I have been stationed in north carolina now for almost a year and haven't had a chance to hit the dragon. I'ts going to be camping/fishing and the dragon for a week. Pics and ride report to follow.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Where are you stationed at? Thats cool, Check with the locals around deals gap, they can probably show you some BETTER riding areas just a few minutes west of there. At least thats what I've heard.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Yeah, hit FLOJO, he might be up for a ride. Check other ride reports to the dragon, mentions other amazing roads near by. Have fun and take lots of pics. Be safe.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
TN is loaded w/ good roads, the Cherohola is great , the blue ridge parkway is pretty good & of course the gap, its a great time & def get ahold of FLOJOE, he's a blast to ride w/

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Mac I'm stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. The gap is a 8 hour ride from here. I guess the verdict is in get ahold of FLOJOE it is. Since I'll be camping out there for a week I'm giving myself plenty of time to explore the area. This is going to be a blast.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Hey Mac I'm stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. The gap is a 8 hour ride from here. I guess the verdict is in get ahold of FLOJOE it is. Since I'll be camping out there for a week I'm giving myself plenty of time to explore the area. This is going to be a blast.
i will just say this, IF you do run w/ FLOJOE be prepared to put your skills to the test, i consider myself a lil bit above average rider & there is a few sections at the gap he can leave me on in no time, for the most part i kept up w/ him on our "hot runs" but its fun & if you can't keep up w/ him DON'T TRY because the gap will bite you HARD & it won't be pretty ;)

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm definitely a little rusty since its been a few hot minutes since I have been in some canyons. I will definitely be taking it easy till I get familiar with the road.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ride the Dragon, get the t-shirt and the dragon sticker, and head elsewhere. I think as a biker, everyone should ride the gap, but there are other roads I like so much better.

Be careful. Watch for the THP. It's best to ride it during the week. Not as many cops. The weekends are too busy anyway.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Ride the Dragon, get the t-shirt and the dragon sticker, and head elsewhere. I think as a biker, everyone should ride the gap, but there are other roads I like so much better.

Be careful. Watch for the THP. It's best to ride it during the week. Not as many cops. The weekends are too busy anyway.
granted there may be better roads but i will say that the gap is the safest as its maintained very well by locals & the resort, not many other roads can boast that as you may have to worry about gravel, sand etc.. if you think the gap ain't that "great" your not riding it hard enough, when you can keep up w/ the locals then you can say the road "ain't that great"

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've heard the local guys up there are freakin FAST.

You are in Bragg? Don't happen to know a guy named Jason Lopez (J Lo)? Think he's in language school right now, but not sure.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I've heard the local guys up there are freakin FAST.

You are in Bragg? Don't happen to know a guy named Jason Lopez (J Lo)? Think he's in language school right now, but not sure.
not only are they fast they're SMOOTH, ask flojoe, he followed one of the guys from killboy ;)

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bragg is big bro, I don't know too many of the SWIK(?) guys.

Dude when I was in Benning for Airborne school I saw a ass ton of squids...I hope you always wear your gear. I think I only saw one or two sportbike riders even wearing a helmet and none of them wearing jackets.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have the luck of living 23.5 miles from the dragon on the TN side. i ride it twice a week then hit my other less trafficed fav's on the weekend. what unit are you in i just left Bragg a year and a half ago.

oh, and their right, we are FAST:crazyloco:

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have the luck of living 23.5 miles from the dragon on the TN side. i ride it twice a week then hit my other less trafficed fav's on the weekend. what unit are you in i just left Bragg a year and a half ago.

oh, and their right, we are FAST:crazyloco:

2-505 PIR 82nd ABN

1 - 20 of 34 Posts