Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys....I know there are a ridonkulous amount of threads on this but I've spent hours searching this site and Google.

I want a completely OEM 636 decal but in orange. Like this guy:

http://tinyurl.com/yzvzln

Ultimately I'm tryin to do kinda the same thing to my bike but just orange wheels (the full wheel) and 636 decals.

I tried using www.fastdecals.com but their 636 sticker doesn't look OEM. Every other website has full sticker sets but that's not what I'm lookin for.

Short, short version: OEM 636 stickers in orange.

Thanks

edit: better quality pic:

·
Registered
875 Posts
I was gonna suggest that when I saw your other post about the wheels. What if you just got a plain piece of vinyl amd cut them yourself?

Any plans for the podercoating the pegs too? Not sure if it would look good or be too much, but just a thought.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I'll just paint my existing decals lol

As of right now I'm just thinking of the 636 and the wheels. I took my Ninja sticker off and will probably keep it off. The Ninja sticker is just too big. I may end up taking my ZX-6R sticker off too - the Kawi will stay on there because of the clear-coat problems underneath.

I'd think about the clutch lever though. I gotta install a photo-shop program on my comp and experiment. Maybe orange brake lines [:p]

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,412 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
Maybe I'll just paint my existing decals lol

As of right now I'm just thinking of the 636 and the wheels. I took my Ninja sticker off and will probably keep it off. The Ninja sticker is just too big. I may end up taking my ZX-6R sticker off too - the Kawi will stay on there because of the clear-coat problems underneath.

I'd think about the clutch lever though. I gotta install a photo-shop program on my comp and experiment. Maybe orange brake lines [:p]
You gotta get the Orange Tomohawk tires, too! lmao...hehehe j/k

Check ebay. There's a lot of vinyl cutters on eBay that sell sheets of "OEM" vinyls, and if you just email them and tell them what you want, I've had a LOT of success that way on custom bits.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
No offene but your bike looks good the way it is, if you go overboard on the orange its gunna be gheto. Keep it simple and clean, cant go wrong there. The orange wheels look nice but the decals might be too much, guess i would need to see it first.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by h20-50<br>No offene but your bike looks good the way it is, if you go overboard on the orange its gunna be gheto. Keep it simple and clean, cant go wrong there. The orange wheels look nice but the decals might be too much, guess i would need to see it first.
The bike I attached is definitely took much. It's a cool idea but the guy went overboard.

As of right now I'm thinkin just wheels and 636. Might do clutch. Gotta spend one day photoshopping and seeing what I come up with.

I just don't know how an orange 636 decal will look with oem ZX6R and Kawi decals.

edit: Maybe its just me but I always get the feeling that other bikes look better than mine. I dunno....everyone around here loves my bike but I'm never satisfied with it. I'm always thinking of what I should do next.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
i'm always down for unique....give it a whirl!!

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,412 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon

edit: Maybe its just me but I always get the feeling that other bikes look better than mine. I dunno....everyone around here loves my bike but I'm never satisfied with it. I'm always thinking of what I should do next.
That's a normal feeling when your bike spends more time in the shop than on the road. lol j/k man...I know how you feel, though. A lot of people rant about how good my Ducati looks, and I know it's sexy, but when I look at it all I really see is what I want it to be, and how far that is from the way it is now. Its frustrating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.