Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a silver 07 and I wanted to put a few decals on it, to set it apart a bit. I wanted to do something that had both red and black in it.... then I thought of this....

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing what that looks like on the bike

·
Registered
182 Posts
I could be good looking. I would try to photoshop something so you can get a better look at it. If you do it post up some pics for sure it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
325 Posts
i wanted to do something like that with a pin up girl somewhere. but then i got jacked :( so now money goes to repairs, maybe next month...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I'm a huge fan of WWI and WWII prop planes, but not sure how it would look on a modern crotch rocket. Interested in photoshops! Definatly some crazy looking machines from that era.

OT:That Warhawk is a badass plane, but I personally prefer the F4U Corsair even though it didnt get as many sick paintjobs. Random trivia for nerds - the awkward looking gullwings were to be able to fit larger props with short landing gears without them hitting the ground!

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
If you get a photoshop of the image I can check with the place that made my decals or you can do it yourself. Check out glsigns.com and shoot them an email for an estimate.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It'll be unique, that's for sure. I think it would look good, but if you do it, you gotta go all the way. I'm thinking if you do a little here and there, it'll look cheesy. Just my 0.2 :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I just got a quote from a local vinyl shop.....$400 installed!!!!! Is it just me or is that insainly expensive? I was figuring $150-$200.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
well I just got a quote from a local vinyl shop.....$400 installed!!!!! Is it just me or is that insainly expensive? I was figuring $150-$200.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No thanks. Not for vinyl decal. custom or not.

·
Registered
82 Posts
+1

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
i think it would look pretty sick. But anything nope than 150 is overpriced in my opinion.
That is what I was thinking. I am going to ask another vinyl shop... hopefully 400 was over priced, and not the going rate for vinyl decals

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
maybe they are thinking they will have to install it whill your plastics are on the bike- tell them you can take off the fairings- and have 'em do it on a flat surface
That shouldnt matter, it is not any harder than putting on a monster decale kit. The decals on your special edition would be harder to do than this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts