Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of taking the decals off my bike, so... how do i do it. i really have no idea.. and have no intention of running into it blind. sense it's my baby and all. so thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
a blow dryer and some patience. Go slow and you'll be OK with a blow dryer. After the decals are off use some "goo" remover to get rid of any residue. Check it in an inconspicuous area first to make sure it does not do anything to the paint.
Keep in mind the "Kawasaki" on the gas tank does not come off, its under the clear coat.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Mine came off easy with no residue left behind after riding all day in the sun.... after you peel them , use the blow dryer to heat them a little more and they will shrink back to normal ( since they stretch when you remove them ) . Then put them on some wax paper in case you want to return to stock or put them someplace else later.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I just took mine off Saturday. You can use a little WD-40 if needed. I also use that instead of buying bug & tar remover because it has the same ingredients in it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, WD-40 pretty much works for anything! that and duct tape ... thats all you need to fix anything, haha.

Since you guys are talking about removing the decals, I was wondering if anyone had advice on putting decals on your bike? I bought my 1998 zx-6r with all the decals removed - except the Kawasaki one on the tank - but now i would like to put the decals back on.

Where would be a good place to buy these decals? I have seen lots on ebay. Are most of the ones on ebay "official" kawasaki decals? I have seen sets that range from 6 pieces, to 36 pieces (or something like that). I just want the same decals that came stock ... What should i be looking for when i decide on the type of decals i want?

And also, after i have purchsed them, is there a proper way of aligning the decals exactly where they should be, or do I just do it by eye?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
the ones form ebay arent the original stock size. i ordered a whole set and i didnt like the way the bike look(too cluttered).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.