Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone degreed in their cams on a 05-06 zx6 and were the results worth the time and cost of the equipment?

green the only way to flllyyy![:p][^]:D

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
I'll let you know this winter sometime...
Will be pulling my head, getting a full port & polish, 5 angle valve job done, new springs and thinner headgasket...

Bumping up redline on the bike, and going for a true 124RWHP..hopefully while still being able to run 93 octane..

That is 9 rwhp more than i dynoed previously...This will complete the ZX6R project i started.I have been assured by a very respectable performance shop this is very do able, and realistic.

got to be ready for the new 2007's i guess you could say...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Winter is a little to long for me to wait. I want to finish this project also and be ready for a 07 as well. A litre or maybe a zx7 if they have one, I hope they will. I like green bikes.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
If it is a race bike, do it. You will pick up 1-3 or 4 hp if you are lucky. You won't even feel it on the street. And if you are going to bother degreeing the cams then adjust the valves ACCURATELY to get that last 1 hp.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ernie, the bike will end up on the track as soon as I get a 07 and plan on the valve adjust at the same time. I pm'd you today about the adhesive for the new short air horns on the air box. What did you use? Can't find the stuff listed in the service manual. Good to know that it nets that many hp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.